In June 2020, President Fitts committed $2.5 million annually to support racial equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives at Tulane. These funds will be used to provide additional BIPOC student support through the creation new programs and initiatives and the expansion of existing efforts.
The EDI Initiative Committee is charged with soliciting funding requests, reviewing submissions received by schools and shared service units, and providing a recommendation to senior administration for implementation.
Schools and shared service units are encouraged to apply for funding to enhance their racial equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives within their organizations. The Committee will review funding requests that meet the following criteria:
- Initiative or program supports racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts for currently enrolled students or strengthens the pipeline for incoming students
- The effort seeks to enhance the university-wide goal of creating a more racially equitable institution
- Submitting department or organization completes the funding application and provides the requisite information
- Department head (e.g., dean, vice president or the appropriate associate/assistant vice president) support and approval
- The department head is unable to exhaust currently available departmental funding to support to the request
Successful proposals will consider the following principles into the funding proposal packet:
- Collaboration – initiative describes two or more campus partners that work together to advance racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts
- Feasibility – proposal details the necessary resources to implement a successful initiative
- Innovation – proposal drives a bold new approach to strengthening racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts for currently enrolled students or strengthens the pipeline for incoming students
- Intersectionality – initiative attends to the impact of interlocking oppressions when designing, implementing, and evaluating racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts
- Leadership – proposal describes the strengths and sustainability of leadership efforts related to promoting racial equity, diversity and inclusion efforts
Application Due Dates
- July 1, 2022
- September 30, 2022
- November 18, 2022
To apply for funding, please submit proposals to Will Ferbos and/or Anneliese Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.