September 10, 2021
Dear Downtown Campus Faculty and Staff,
COVID-19 testing is a core part of Tulane's comprehensive COVID-19 strategy. Our post-Hurricane Ida Return to Downtown Campus testing plan outlined below, along with contact tracing, mandatory face coverings and good hygiene, were developed to keep our community safe. All plans are subject to change.
Information in this email applies to faculty and staff on the Downtown Campus who are returning to work 9/13/2021.
Downtown Campus return testing for faculty and staff will begin September 13 and end September 18. Downtown faculty and staff are required to complete one test between 9/13 and 9/18. You do not need to wait for your test result before you return to work.
You should complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form if you have:
- tested positive for the virus on or off campus or
- if you believe you or another person is a close contact.
This is critical to help us manage the testing schedule for individuals who have recovered from COVID infection.
Downtown Campus Fall 2021 Asymptomatic Testing 9/13-9/18
Downtown Faculty and Staff should schedule an appointment for on-campus testing between 9/13 and 9/18 as soon as they receive the testing email.
- The Downtown Testing Center is the only Tulane Testing Center available during this period. Tests are administered by appointment only.
- The scheduling email (from lablynx) will be your notice to schedule testing at one of our testing centers. There will be an attached unique QR code for your individual test to be performed. Do not share your unique QR Code, it is linked to your private health information. QR Codes cannot be re-used — you will receive a new QR code each time you are required to get tested.
- Please have your original email with the QR code attachment with you when you arrive at the testing center along with your SPLASH ID.
Emails will be sent to the Tulane community to prompt test scheduling. If you HAVE NOT received an email by 9/15 email CHTestResults@tulane.edu for assistance. Emails are not sent to all individuals at the same time; therefore, you and your co-workers may receive emails at different times.
Students will receive a communication with their testing directions separately.
COVID-19 Positive Results
If you test positive for COVID-19, Tulane Contact Tracers will help you determine appropriate next steps. Tulane Contact Tracers will also help you coordinate all the actions that need to happen on campus regarding notifications, tracing, disinfection, etc.
The Hurricane Ida Return to Downtown Campus testing plan is for asymptomatic individuals (people without symptoms of COVID-19). If you are a contact to a known case of COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- If students, faculty or staff who get tested receive a positive result, it is important to complete a COVID-19 Reporting Form as quickly as possible to notify contact tracers.
- Employees must NOT take immediate actions, such as sending all staff home, isolating, or making quarantine decisions for themselves or others, or sending people for testing. Guidance for all necessary actions are handled by Tulane Contact Tracers.
- On Demand Testing is not currently available and implementation has been delayed.