City of New Orleans: Modified Phase 2
To address an elevated number of COVID cases, the city of New Orleans has announced a shift to Modified Phase 2 effective Friday, January 29 at 6 a.m. Tulane will adhere to all the restrictions of this phase, which can be found here.
At Tulane, we’re stronger when we work together. Let’s all continue to do our part to fight the spread of COVID-19. This means, each of us must:
Face coverings must be worn in the presence of others, whether inside or outside (residence halls, classrooms, common workspaces, quads, etc.).
Maintain 6 Feet
Everyone is responsible for maintaining social distancing. This means keeping a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other people who are not from your household.
Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and maintain proper hygiene best practices at all times.
Action Alert Levels
The following Action Alerts will help notify the Tulane Community of the current health and safety conditions of on-campus operations and the surrounding New Orleans area. Remember to maintain basic health safety practices at all times: wear a mask or face covering, practice social distancing, wash your hands regularly, and check yourself daily for possible symptoms of COVID-19.
Cases remain stable on campus and/or in New Orleans.
- Face coverings worn by all people on campus, except when eating
- Personal hygiene and social distancing actively promoted
- Daily COVID-19 self-check completed by all students, faculty and staff
- Classes structured with flexible technology in order to seamlessly move classes online, if needed
- Immediate testing, followed by self-isolation for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19
- Implement Tulane Trace Contact Tracing
On-campus cases remain stable/low and/or increasing numbers of reported cases in the New Orleans area.
- Continue all Green Level Actions
- Evaluate and implement any new public health strategies to decrease risk to the Tulane Community
- Consider adding restrictions or extra guidance for on-and off-campus student activities
CURRENT: ORANGE ▾
Multiple positive cases in the Tulane community and/or New Orleans numbers continue to increase.
- Continue all Green and Yellow Level Actions
- Increase to twice daily COVID-19 self-checks for all students, faculty and staff
- Evaluate and implement public health strategies to decrease risk to the Tulane community
- Increase disinfection and cleaning of campus facilities
- Consider adding restrictions or extra guidance for on- and off-campus student activities
- Encourage students to limit unnecessary interactions
Significant on-campus community spread and/or New Orleans area spread.
- Continue all Green, Yellow and Orange Level Actions
- Consider shifting to “Safe at Home” (students limited to residence halls and off-campus residences)
- Consider shifting to online instruction
- Employees work remotely unless deemed essential to university operations