Fall 2022 COVID Protocols
This latest update outlines COVID-related changes that students can expect this fall.
Read the Update
August 5, 2022
Fall 2022 Updates
- Effective August 8 randomized asymptomatic COVID-19 testing will be discontinued. This means that QR codes will no longer be emailed and the Phelps Testing Center on the uptown campus and the LaSalle Testing Center on the downtown campus will close. Symptomatic, close contact, and travel testing will move to the Uptown Student Health Center and Tulane Living Well Clinics.
- We will continue to do contact tracing so that when COVID-19 is found in our community, we can quickly identify anyone who may have been exposed and have them tested as soon as possible to limit additional spread.
- We will continue to require new members of our community, including students, faculty and staff, to show proof of vaccination and the appropriate booster shots. More information about Tulane’s COVID vaccination policy can be found here. Faculty, staff and students who are immunocompromised or those who are unvaccinated are encouraged to take necessary steps to minimize their risk, including masking and frequent testing.
- All undergraduate, graduate and professional students will be required to take a COVID (PCR or antigen) test before they return to Tulane in the fall. Instructions for uploading test results can be found here. Students who test positive should complete the COVID Reporting Form and a Case Manager will contact them to work through any adjustments that may need to be made relative to their arrival.
- Residential students who test positive for COVID-19 will isolate in place in their residence hall rather than in off-campus hotel rooms.
- In alignment with City of New Orleans guidelines, we continue to strongly encourage indoor masking.
View the guide outlining isolation, quarantine, testing, and vaccination plans for Fall 2022