August 12, 2020
Dear Tulane Community:
All faculty, staff and students are required to complete COVID-19 testing prior to their return to campus. Initial return testing for faculty, staff and students began on July 28 and will end Aug.18.
Initial Return Testing Details
- Undergraduate students moving into residence halls on the uptown campus are required to be tested at the TU Arrival Center.
- Faculty, staff, and off-campus undergraduate, graduate and professional students should schedule an appointment for testing at the uptown or downtown testing centers.
- Emails have been sent to the Tulane community to prompt test scheduling. If you HAVE NOT received an email and need to be tested for return to class or work, email CHTestResults@tulane.edu. Faculty, staff and students must personally send an email to CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu if they are having issues or did not receive their testing email. Parents, guardians, faculty and staff are asked to not send such emails on behalf of students. Campus health officials must work with students directly.
- There are testing locations uptown and downtown — you can schedule testing at either location. If one location has no availability, please try the other location. Appointment availability is generally greater at the downtown center.
- Complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form if you have tested positive for the virus.
Daily COVID-19 Self-Check Details
- All students, faculty and staff should be receiving daily text reminders to complete their COVID-19 daily symptom self-check.
- If you are not receiving these text notifications, please follow these instructions to update your contact information in university systems.
General Testing Program Details
- Participation in return and monthly testing is required.
- Faculty, staff and students who are working remotely or are out of state and learning remotely for the entire semester, are not required to be tested. If you fall into this category, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu to unsubscribe to testing reminders.
- COVID-19 testing records or results will not be accepted from outside providers.
- Test results are being processed by the Tulane School of Medicine Laboratory. We expect results to be returned within 24-36 hours. You will receive an email and/or phone call with your results. If you did not receive results, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, Campus Health will help you determine whether to isolate/quarantine at home. Tulane Contact Tracers will also contact you to help coordinate all the actions that need to happen on campus regarding notifications, tracing, disinfection, etc.
- This testing program is for asymptomatic individuals (people without symptoms of COVID-19). If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, employees should contact their healthcare provider for evaluation, and students should contact the Student Health Center.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, the Student Health Center is open for students and the Living Well Clinic is available for employees.
Tulane's Surveillance Testing Program is new. While we have clearly defined plans for its delivery, there are a variety of challenges and issues we are correcting and managing daily. We ask for your patience and support as we work to build capacity and efficiency.