February 5, 2021
Dear Tulane Community,
This is a reminder that in order to help protect the campus community and city residents, all faculty, staff and students are required to participate in ongoing surveillance testing throughout the semester regardless of vaccine status or the presence of antibodies from a previous COVID-19 infection.
Important COVID Vaccine Facts:
- Receiving the vaccine does not exempt you from the testing program.
- If you are starting a vaccine series with a healthcare provider at home, you must complete the series with that provider.
- More information and FAQs are posted on the COVID-19 Vaccinations website. For questions about the vaccine, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will share regular updates with our community as more information about vaccine administration becomes available.
The following testing schedule is planned through the end of February:
Three times per week:
- Residential undergraduate students
- Off-campus NTC undergraduate students
These students must complete their test within 48 hours of receiving their QR code.
Every two weeks:
- Graduate and Professional students
- SoPA students
- Employees (including faculty, staff and Sodexo/Allied staff)
These individuals must complete their test within 72 hours of receiving their QR code.
QR Codes are sent based on testing capacity and a carefully planned schedule, please monitor your email and schedule your test when received.
Test schedule is subject to change. Please check the COVID-19 resources website for updates. During this period, certain groups may be identified for increased testing. Monitor your email to make sure you are compliant with any extra testing requirements.
Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your testing results. Should you not receive your testing results, please email email@example.com.
Testing Centers Hours of Operation during Mardi Gras
All Tulane Testing Centers will be closed Mardi Gras day only. Classes will be held and the university will continue normal operations on Lundi Gras. The city of New Orleans has also announced bar closures and other restrictions beginning next Friday, Feb. 12, through Mardi Gras Day, Feb. 16.
Other Important Facts
COVID Appointment & Test
- Do not schedule an appointment or visit a campus testing center before receiving a QR code via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an active order (QR code) to get tested, you will be turned away from the testing center.
- For COVID testing questions only, email email@example.com.
- For general Campus Health questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who have tested positive
- If you have tested positive outside of the Tulane Testing Program you must submit documentation through the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- If you have tested positive you do not need to be tested for 90 days. If you receive a notice, please contact CHTestResults@tulane.edu for assistance.
Tulane Contact Tracing
- All students are required to participate in contact tracing to limit the spread of COVID-19 unless you have tested positive within the last 90 days.