September 15, 2021
Dear Uptown Campus Faculty and Staff,
COVID-19 testing is a core part of Tulane's comprehensive COVID-19 strategy. Our post-Hurricane Ida Return to Uptown Campus testing plan outlined below, along with contact tracing, mandatory face coverings and good hygiene, were developed to keep our community safe. All plans are subject to change.
Information in this email applies to faculty and staff on the Uptown Campus who are returning to work 9/20/2021.
Uptown faculty and staff are required to complete one test between 9/20 and 9/26. You do not need to wait for your test result before you return to work.
You should complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form if you have:
- tested positive for the virus on or off campus or
- if you believe you or another person is a close contact.
This is critical to help us manage the testing schedule for individuals who have recovered from COVID infection.
Uptown Campus Fall 2021 Asymptomatic Testing 9/20-9/26
Uptown faculty and staff should schedule an appointment for on-campus testing between 9/20 and 9/26 as soon as they receive the testing email.
The Tulane Testing Centers both downtown (LaSalle) and uptown (Phelps) are open. A new uptown testing location is also now available – the 1834 Club in the LBC. Tests are administered by appointment only.
- LaSalle (Downtown) is available for employees, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- Phelps (Uptown) is available for employees only from 9/20–9/23. Beginning 9/24, Phelps will be available to residential undergraduate students as well as employees.
- Beginning 9/24, the 1834 Room testing site, located in the LBC, will be available for off-campus undergraduate, graduate, professional students, and employees.
- Between 9/20-9/26 you may utilize whichever testing center has availability to fit your schedule.
The scheduling email (from lablynx) will be your notice to schedule testing at one of our testing centers. There will be an attached unique QR code for your individual test to be performed. Do not share your unique QR Code, as it is linked to your private health information. QR Codes cannot be re-used — you will receive a new QR code each time you are required to get tested.
Please have your original email with the QR code attachment with you when you arrive at the testing center along with your SPLASH ID.
Emails will be sent to the Tulane community to prompt test scheduling. If you HAVE NOT received an email by 9/26 email CHTestResults@tulane.edu for assistance. Emails are not sent to all individuals at the same time; therefore, you and your co-workers may receive emails at different times.
Students will receive a communication with their testing directions separately.
COVID-19 Positive Results
If you test positive for COVID-19, Tulane Contact Tracers will help you determine appropriate next steps. Tulane Contact Tracers will also help you coordinate all the actions that need to happen on campus regarding notifications, tracing, disinfection, etc.
The Hurricane Ida Return to Uptown Campus testing plan is for asymptomatic individuals (people without symptoms of COVID-19). If you are a contact to a known case of COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- If students, faculty or staff get tested and receive a positive result, it is important to complete a COVID-19 Reporting Form as quickly as possible to notify contact tracers.
- Employees must NOT take immediate actions, such as sending all staff home, isolating, or making quarantine decisions for themselves or others, or sending people for testing. Guidance for all necessary actions are handled by Tulane Contact Tracers.
- On Demand Testing is not currently available and implementation has been delayed.