University-Wide Tech Resources
IT Service Desk Hours and Contact Info
IT has resumed regular Service Desk hours.
- Mon.-Fri. 7:00 AM-9:00 PM CST
- Sat.-Sun. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM CST
Connecting to Tulane WiFi
Visit wifi.tulane.edu to setup your WiFi connection to Tulane's Eduroam network. Follow the below steps to get started:
- Check if the correct device is selected in the search device box. The portal should already detect the device you are trying to connect. If not, search for your device in the dropdown menu.
- Click the JoinNow button.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to setup WiFi.
To learn more about detailed configuration information for specific devices and operating systems or eduroam, view our Knowledge Base article.
Connecting to the Tulane Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Some Tulane applications require a secure connection using a VPN. If you haven’t installed and configured the Tulane VPN, Pulse Secure, on your device, please chose the correct device below and follow the instructions to get started. Once installed, use your Tulane credentials to log in.
Student Tech Resources
Student Laptop Loaner Program
This program is designed for students who have damaged, stolen or broken personal laptops as a temporary solution until your laptop is replaced.
Internet (WiFi) Solutions
Hotspot Recommendations & Funding
You can temporarily add a hotspot to your mobile plan to access internet off campus. Contact your mobile phone provider to discuss your options. IT suggests adding the unlimited data option in order to save money and minimize disruption to your work. Once you’ve added a hotspot to your mobile plan, there are two options for setting up a hotspot: 1) turning on your smart device’s built-in hotspot or 2) purchasing a hotspot device from your mobile provider, an electronics store, or online (Best Buy, Apple, Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc.).
Need assistance with funding your hotspot purchase? Submit a request through the Tulane donor-funded Hurricane Relief Fund for Students. Note: Emergency funding is not guaranteed.
Onsite Internet Spaces
Tulane is providing temporary internet spaces on or near both the downtown and uptown campuses for students who do not have internet access or a stable connection at this time. Please do not attempt to go to other locations on the uptown campus (other than the locations listed below) to access internet at this time. To monitor additional internet spaces, visit the Forward TUgether Communications and check for updates under Student Affairs.
Uptown Campus Locations:
- Hillel offers Tulane’s Eduroam internet access.
- The Latter Library (M-TH 10 AM to 6 PM and F-Sat 10 AM to 5 PM) offers their own private internet access. Ask the front desk upon arrival for the WiFi information.
Downtown Campus Locations:
- Hutchinson Building (1430 Tulane Ave.) in the Large Auditorium (M-F 8 AM to 9 PM)
- Tidewater Building (1440 Canal St.) in the Diboll Auditorium, Diboll Gallery, and the Grab n’ Go (M-F 8 Am to 5 PM)
Accessing Tulane Applications using AppsAnywhere
(Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, ArcGIS, GitLab, Matlab, Mathematica, Microsoft Office Suite and more.)
- Connect to Tulane’s VPN using your Tulane credentials. Click to install the VPN on your Mac or Windows device.
- Visit software.tulane.edu.
- Log in using your Tulane ID and password.
- Install AppsAnywhere client to your desktop if you have not done so already. (Required to validate which applications you have access to in AppsAnywhere.) Click to install on your Mac or Windows device.
Faculty Tech Resources
Teach Anywhere Office Hours
The Innovative Learning Center will be holding remote office hours to help with any pedagogical and/or academic technology needs you have.
Mondays and Thursdays: September 20 - December 16, 12:00 - 2:00 PM CST
Click the link below to join via Zoom:
Classroom Experience Assistants Available for Remote Zoom Support
Information Technology’s CEA program is providing online, remote assistance to faculty who need help with their Zoom classes before, during or after Zoom class sessions (i.e. troubleshooting any Zoom or remote tech issues).
- For immediate support in an active class, dial 504-988-8888 and press 4.
- Sessions with 80+ students, faculty may schedule live support using our request form.
- Consultations on using Zoom are available during ILC and CELT office hours listed below.
Canvas Course Assignments & Due Dates Bulk Updates
Faculty may change multiple course assignments and due dates in bulk without having to manually make those changes to each assignment in their course. To learn more, visit the Canvas Instructor Guide, “How do I bulk updates due dates…”
Additional Faculty Tech Info
- Visit it.tulane.edu/faculty-resources for all technology resources available to Tulane faculty.
- Read IT’s faculty remote teaching resources email that was sent on September 9, 2021 to our general pool faculty members.