September 16, 2021
Dear Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional Students:
COVID-19 testing is a core part of Tulane's comprehensive COVID-19 strategy. Our post-Hurricane Ida Return to Campus testing plan outlined below, along with contact tracing, mandatory face coverings and good hand hygiene, were developed to keep our community safe.
Information in this email applies to both the uptown and downtown campuses, and all students — undergraduate, graduate, professional, and anyone who lives on or off campus.
The purpose of this email is to outline our return to campus testing strategy. Campus return testing for faculty, staff and students will begin Sept. 20 and end Sept. 26. On Sept. 27, we will begin an updated testing protocol for the community. All plans are subject to change.
You should complete the online COVID-19 Reporting Form if, during your time away from campus for Hurricane Ida, you have:
- tested positive for the virus on or off campus or
- believe you or another person is a close contact.
This information is critical to help us manage the testing schedule for individuals who have recovered from COVID infection.
Pre-Arrival COVID-19 Testing (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Students)
Undergraduate students moving into residence halls on the uptown campus are required to take a COVID-19 test and report their results no more than 72 hours prior to their return to campus. Tests administered more than 72 hours prior to arrival will not be accepted. Students are required to upload their test result in the Patient Portal.
Undergraduate, graduate and professional Students living off-campus must complete a COVID-19 test prior to their return to campus.
We prefer a completed PCR test but will accept a rapid test from a healthcare provider.
We are also requesting that undergraduate, graduate, and professional students take precautions and quarantine for 5-7 days prior to their return to New Orleans. This will reduce the risk of students returning to campus with COVID-19. Students should complete their test to return to campus as close to their return date as possible. We recognize that testing may not be available for all students. Email CHTestResults@tulane.edu if you are unable to get a test before arrival on campus.
How to submit documentation of your pre-arrival COVID-19 test:
- Log into the patient portal using your Tulane email address (without the @tulane.edu) and your email password
- Go to the COVID-19 tab
- Enter Date of the COVID-19 test results
- Click Submit
- Choose “Select File” and attach the file
- Choose “Upload.”
*Please Note: When attempting to upload your record, the file name of the record should be short and should not include special characters or spaces.
Fall 2021 Return to Campus Testing 9/20-9/27
Undergraduate, graduate and professional students are not allowed on the uptown campus prior to 9/24. COVID-19 testing is available at the Downtown Testing Center, 226 South Villere Street, next to Tulane Hospital’s LaSalle Garage exit, or the new Temporary Testing Center at the Episcopal Student Center, 1100 Broadway Street.
- The scheduling email (from lablynx) will be your notice to schedule testing at one of our testing centers. You will also receive an attached unique QR code for your individual test to be performed. Do not share your unique QR Code, as it is linked to your private health information. QR Codes cannot be re-used — you will receive a new QR code each time you are required to get tested.
- Please have your original email with the QR code attachment with you when you arrive at the testing center along with your SPLASH ID.
All residential students are required to complete a COVID-19 test on campus within 36 hours of their arrival.
Off-campus undergraduate, graduate and professional students should schedule an appointment for on-campus testing between 9/20 and 9/26 as soon as they receive the testing email. You must complete one Tulane Testing Center test prior to the start of classes, so please plan accordingly.
Emails will be sent to the Tulane community to prompt test scheduling. If you HAVE NOT received an email, please email CHTestResults@tulane.edu for assistance. Emails are not to sent to all individuals at the same time.
Parents, guardians, faculty, staff and supervisors are asked not to send emails on behalf of students or their employees. Campus Health officials must work directly with the tested individual.
Testing Center Availability for 9/20-9/26
- OPEN 9/20-9/23: Episcopal Student Center (Temporary Uptown Testing Site), 1100 Broadway Street, is available for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
- OPEN 9/20-9/24: LaSalle (Downtown), 226 South Villere Street, next to Tulane Hospital’s LaSalle Garage exit, is available for employees, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- OPEN 9/20-9/23: Phelps (Uptown) is available for EMPLOYEES ONLY.
- OPEN 9/24–9/26: Phelps (Uptown) is available for residential undergraduate students.
- OPEN 9/24-9/26: The 1834 Club, located in the Lavin-Bernick Center on the uptown campus, is available for off-campus undergraduate, graduate, professional students, and employees.
Undergraduate, graduate, and professional students are not allowed on the uptown campus until 9/24. Testing is available at the Downtown Testing Center, 226 South Villere Street, next to Tulane Hospital’s LaSalle Garage exit, or the new Temporary Testing Center at the Episcopal Student Center, 1100 Broadway Street.