August 17, 2020
All faculty, staff and students are required to be tested for COVID-19 prior to their return to campus.
Tulane's testing program is for asymptomatic individuals (people without symptoms of COVID-19). If you are a student who is sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to an individual who tests positive for COVID-19, you should contact the Student Health Center. Faculty and staff experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for evaluation.
- Emails have been sent to the Tulane community to prompt test scheduling. You must schedule an appointment and go to the testing center with your QR Code.
- APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED for safety purposes at both the Uptown and Downtown Testing Centers. We have a schedule to allow for social distancing and to manage flow and wait times. Do not visit a Testing Center without scheduling first.
- Please do not call the Student Health Center for help with testing or scheduling. Please email: CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu.
- Faculty, staff and students who are working remotely or are out of state and learning remotely for the entire semester, are not required to be tested. If you fall into this category, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu to unsubscribe to testing reminders. If you have already contacted us for this purpose, you do not need to contact us again.
- COVID-19 testing records or results will not be accepted from outside providers.
- Test results are being processed by the Tulane School of Medicine Laboratory. We expect results to be returned within 24-36 hours. You will receive an email and/or phone call with your results. If you did not receive results, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, Campus Health will help you determine whether to isolate/quarantine at home or at the Paterson Residence Hall, which has been designated for this purpose. Tulane Contact Tracers will also contact you to help coordinate all the actions that need to happen on campus regarding notifications, tracing, disinfection, etc.
Tulane's COVID-19 Testing Program is new. We ask for your patience and support as we work to build capacity and efficiency.