August 14, 2020
All faculty, staff and students are required to complete COVID-19 testing prior to their return to campus. Initial return testing for faculty, staff and students began on July 27 and will end Aug.18.
Return Testing: Friday and Saturday at TU Arrival Center
- Friday and Saturday (9am-7pm) the TU Arrival Center will be open to anyone in the Tulane Community who still needs to be tested but has been unable to schedule an appointment at the testing centers on the uptown or downtown campuses. Any faculty or staff member or graduate or professional student can use this location. No appointment is required.
- Staff onsite will assist anyone with a missing QR Code or who did not receive their testing email. Please bring your Splash Card number.
General Testing Program Details
- Participation in return and monthly testing is required.
- Please do not call the Student Health Center for help with testing or scheduling. Please use the email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu.
- Faculty, staff and students who are working remotely or are out of state and learning remotely for the entire semester, are not required to be tested. If you fall into this category, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu to unsubscribe to testing reminders. If you have already contacted us for this purpose, you do not need to contact us again.
- COVID-19 testing records or results will not be accepted from outside providers.
- Test results are being processed by the Tulane School of Medicine Laboratory. We expect results to be returned within 24-36 hours. You will receive an email and/or phone call with your results. If you did not receive results, please email CHTestResults@wave.tulane.edu.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, Campus Health will help you determine whether to isolate/quarantine at home or at the Paterson Residence Hall, which has been designated for this purpose. Tulane Contact Tracers will also contact you to help coordinate all the actions that need to happen on campus regarding notifications, tracing, disinfection, etc.
- Tulane’s testing program is for asymptomatic individuals (people without symptoms of COVID-19). If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, employees should contact their healthcare provider for evaluation and students should contact the Student Health Center.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, the Student Health Center is open for students and the Living Well Clinic is available for employees.
Tulane's COVID-19 Testing Program is new. We ask for your patience and support as we work to build capacity and efficiency.