August 17, 2021
Dear Tulane Community:
Since we have such high vaccination rates among our students, faculty and staff, our campus events and programs – when limited to the Tulane community – align with the recently announced city guidelines regarding large indoor gatherings. To ensure our continued compliance with city guidelines, the protocols below will be required for all Tulane events and programs, effective immediately.
- All university programs and events must be registered through WaveSync no later than 21 days prior to the event. Students can click here or email Greg Feiling for assistance. Faculty and staff can click here or email Jenn Thelen for assistance. Registration through WaveSync ensures that Event Services is aware of all events occurring on campus and that all events are adhering to current policies. It also provides information on the scope of the event and if non-affiliates will be attending. The information gathered through this portal will also provide vital information to departments such as Facilities Services, the Tulane University Police Department (TUPD), and the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response. To learn more about the registration process and requirements, please click here.
- Tulane’s campuses and recreational spaces, including the Student Reily Recreational Center, will be closed to the general public until at least Sept. 1.
- Approval of requests for exemptions to host events and programs that include non-Tulane guests must be made through Wave Sync and receive approval prior to taking place.
- Any university program or event that includes non-Tulane affiliates will require participants to provide one of the following verifications:
- Non-Tulane affiliates must provide proof of vaccination OR a negative PCR COVID-19 test (within 72 hours).
- Tulane-affiliates must provide their Splash Card.
- Event organizers are responsible for ensuring that participants provide one of the above-mentioned verifications.
- All attendees at indoor programs and events must wear masks except when actively eating or drinking. All attendees at outdoor programs and events with 500+ attendance must wear masks, if total attendance is more than 50 percent of the outdoor venue’s capacity.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear masks during any gathering, whether indoors or outdoors.
- We encourage event organizers to host events outdoors and limit gatherings with food whenever possible.
Finally, when you consider attending non-Tulane events, we strongly encourage you to only attend those that strictly adhere to city and state guidelines.
By cooperating and working together, we can help protect the health of our community and that of our neighbors while continuing to host the events, gatherings and programs that enrich the Tulane experience and build community spirit.
Robin Forman, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Patrick Norton, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer