February 26, 2021
Dear Tulane Community,
This is a reminder that, all Tulane employees – including those who are working remotely – are required to participate in ongoing surveillance testing throughout the semester. The testing frequency for employees increased for the spring semester. All employees are required to be tested every other week (twice per month). Please monitor you email for your QR code to get tested.
If you have any questions, or you need an additional code, email email@example.com.
Important COVID Appointment & Test Facts
- Do not schedule an appointment or visit a campus testing center before receiving a QR code via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an active order (QR code) to get tested, you will be turned away from the testing center.
- QR Codes are sent based on testing capacity and a carefully planned schedule, please monitor your email, and schedule your test after you receive your new QR code.
- For COVID testing questions only, email email@example.com.
- For general Campus Health questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are identified as a close contact of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, you be required to quarantine at home for 7 days from your last date of exposure. On your 7th day of quarantine, you will need to get a COVID PCR test if you are NOT experiencing COVID-related symptoms (Rapid Test results will not be accepted to release a person from quarantine).
- You can receive a PCR test at Tulane’s Living Well Clinic or your doctor's office. If you go to the Living Well Clinic you must make an appointment as soon as possible.
- Once you have received your negative test results from the PCR test you received on Day 7 of quarantine, you will need to submit your results for review using the COVID illness reporting form.
- For additional information or support for your quarantine period, please visit the COVID-19 resources website.
Individuals who have reached 90 days since their initial COVID-19 diagnosis
- Individuals who have reached 90 days since their initial COVID-19 diagnosis will be required to follow the return-to-campus testing protocol and follow scheduled surveillance testing throughout the semester.
- Please monitor your email and schedule your test once you receive a QR code. Should you have any questions about when you should return to the surveillance testing program please email email@example.com.
Individuals who have tested positive
- If you have tested positive outside of the Tulane Testing Program you must submit documentation through the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- If you have tested positive you do not need to be tested for 90 days. If you receive a notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you have already received both doses of your COVID-19 vaccine from an entity outside of Tulane, please submit documentation through the Campus Health patient portal to update your vaccination records. If you received your vaccine through Tulane we will upload those records automatically, you do not need to take action.
How to submit your COVID-19 vaccine record:
- Log into the patient portal using your Tulane email address (without the @tulane.edu) and your email password
- Click "Immunization" in the top menu (be patient while the page loads)
- Find the “COVID-19 Vaccine Recommended” and click in the blue bar so the drop down appears
- Fill in the date you received the COVID-19 vaccine. When finished, click "Submit."
- Please click the link to upload a copy of your vaccine documentation so that your information can be verified, it will appear via a pop-up window.
- To upload your documentation, click the drop-down arrow and select “proof of COVID-19 Vaccine”.
- Click select file to upload your documentation.
For questions about uploading documentation, please email email@example.com.
For all COVID vaccine questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.