Tulane University is one of the top 50 undergraduate universities among the thousands in the United States, and is one of the leading Universities in graduate research in the South. Since its founding in 1834, its graduates have enjoyed the benefits of this outstanding reputation, both national and internationally.
Why is Tulane a great place for graduate study in chemistry?
- The relatively small graduate student population and intimacy of the department provide an excellent learning environment.
- Opportunities for collaborative research with faculty and students in the School of Engineering and the Medical School are numerous.
- For a small department the facilities are excellent, and instrumentation is generously shared across departmental and college boundaries.
- The relatively small size makes direct interaction with faculty mentors a daily occurrence. Your "boss" will be actively involved with you in your research.
- Tulane is located in a beautiful urban residential neighborhood with student housing readily available within walking distance of campus. The central city and famous French Quarter are only a short bus or street car ride from the University.