Welcome to OCAHP
Since Hurricane Katrina (Katrina), Tulane University School of Medicine (School) has been at the forefront of the movement to rebuild a health system that provides all New Orleans residents access to high quality, cost-‐effective, culturally competent, neighborhood-‐based primary care. Our faculty, residents and students are involved in numerous community programs serving the most vulnerable populations throughout the city. The Office of Community Affairs and Health Policy was created shortly after Hurricane Katina.
OCAHP will be a leader in improving population health and building capacity through innovative and community engaged clinical care, education, research, and policy advancement.
OCAHP improves the health of communities by:
• Partnering equitably with communities
• Developing innovative, replicable models of health care delivery, research and education
• Training a prepared, engaged and effective workforce
• Convening diverse partners to increase local capacity
• Systematically studying innovation
• Disseminating information and findings to a wide range of stakeholders
• Advancing health policy and informing decision-‐making processes
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-7518 OCAHP@tulane.edu