August 8, 2011 5:43 AM
I received a letter from Jane Wolfe, who is double majoring in history and religious studies, asking for a special column by The Insider that talks about famous people who attended Tulane. Well Jane, instead of just telling you about some of our past students, I’ll approach your request game-show style!
Are you ready for some trivia? Answers are below.
1. He was an American designer born in Haynesville, La. His designs range from men’s formal wear to underwear. His philanthropic interests included cancer and Alzheimer’s research.
2. This native New Orleanian knows a thing or two about beautiful jewelry. She studied art at Tulane and in Paris and New York. Her designs are often recognizable because of their Louisiana influence.
3. He was named president of Universal Pictures in May 2010. Under his leadership, he nurtured the success of Wicked, which has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide.
4. Like Madonna, he often answers to a chant of his first name. “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!”
5. His daughter is a talented and famous actress who dated Brad Pitt in the 1990s. But he is known best for producing the television series “The White Shadow” and “St. Elsewhere.”
1.The late Geoffrey Beene, Arts & Sciences ’43.
2. Mignon Faget, Newcomb College ’55.
3. Jimmy Horowitz, Arts & Sciences ’83.
4. Jerry Springer, Arts & Sciences ‘65.
5. The late Bruce Paltrow (father of Gwyneth Paltrow), Arts & Sciences ’65.
Visit our Notable Graduates page for more information.
Have you got news for the Insider? Email today!
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org