The Newcomb Scholars Program aims to create an intellectual community where a diverse group of undergraduate women are encouraged to explore ways of learning and producing knowledge and that challenges and empowers them to be innovative and compassionate leaders in the 21st century.
General Information About the Newcomb Scholars Program
Through this program, Newcomb Scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Gain the research and writing skills necessary for good scholarship.
- Be encouraged to think critically and explore different of ways of knowing.
- Participate in an interdisciplinary experience.
- Experience and cultivate a sense of community.
- Have their creative and innovative thinking and solution finding encouraged.
- Participate in opportunities for experiential learning.
- Foster and experience a diverse community.
- Connect with Tulane faculty and to the larger intellectual community.