Rooted in Purpose & Solutions
Tulane has always met challenges, from addressing the yellow fever epidemics of the 19th century to recovering from Hurricane Katrina. Today it is addressing local problems on a global scale through its research and scholarship. Our history, location, and driving ambition molds our character; that is why we tackle work that is both timely and relevant, and how we build better future for New Orleans and the world.
- Tulane’s work on Alzheimer’s research, climate change, coastal erosion, and health inequity are a few examples of the University addressing the most pressing challenges of New Orleans, our nation, and the world
- The Brain Institute is linking Main Campus, Health Science Campus, and the Tulane National Primate Research Center to collaborate and impact all brain studies, a true example of cross-boundary research and communication
back to top
Meaningful Exploration & Discovery
Founded to eradicate disease, Tulane’s is always hands-on, driving innovation and impact through curiosity and exploration in research enterprise and student experience. Because we focus on finding new ideas and solutions for the most pressing challenges, students and faculty commit to active service and strive to make a difference.
- The only AAU university in the Gulf South
- A school that gives every undergraduate student, through the common portal of Newcomb-Tulane College, the resources of 5 schools without the boundaries of being in a single college
- A university that offers students a singular space for academic advising, career programming, and success services, providing students access to collaboration, service, and opportunity
back to top
Culturally Diverse & Environmentally Significant
New Orleans is a unique global city with endless energy, creative dynamic ideas, music, culture, and opportunity, that also faces issues common to coastal urban areas. Tulane and New Orleans are inextricably linked, attracting curious and high-achieving students who crave challenging academics mixed with culturally rich, real-world experiences. Our collective story of resilience and progress, of constantly tackling pervasive challenges and celebrating our uncommon cultural riches, creates identity-forming experiences for our students, faculty and alumni.
- An undeniably unique city, in culture, personality, and environment, New Orleans is a living, breathing place that students can experience, connect to, learn from, and grow in
- Local connections to global challenges through centers of excellence like the Tulane ByWater Institute, Prevention Research Center, and combined schools of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- A presence in both uptown and downtown New Orleans, Tulane’s footprint spans the city
back to top
Connected by Shared Experience
Tulane is a powerful, unique, and transformative community; the Tulane experience binds us together and creates a deep sense of connection that transcends generations, backgrounds, and areas of study. We foster exploration and innovation, embrace our differences and build meaningful lives. Our collective character and appreciation for finding our own path unites us, defines our sense of community, and creates uncommon results for our region and the world.
- #1 Most Engaged in Community Service
- Tulane and New Orleans are a truly tight-knit community, with bonds forged from challenges overcome, cultural celebrations we enjoy together, and our shared vision for a better tomorrow
- Fourth consecutive year as the #1 producer of Peace Corps volunteers at the graduate level
back to top