Ronna C. Burger, Ph.D.
Ph.D. New School for Social Research, 1975
Department of Philosophy
Catherine & Henry J. Gaisman Chair
Sizeler Professor of Jewish Studies
105F Newcomb Hall
- Plato and Aristotle
- Bible and Philosophy
- The Archaeology of the Soul: Platonic Readings in Ancient Poetry and Philosophy by Seth Berardete (St. Augustine's Press, 2012)
- Encounters and Reflections: Conversations with Seth Benardete. (Chicago, 2002)
- "Maimonides on Knowledge of Good and Evil: The Guide of the Perplexed I.2,” in Political Philosophy Cross-Examined "(Palgrave Macmillan 2013)
- "The Erotic and the Thumotic Soul," Interpretation, Winter 2004-05.
- "Aristotle on Mimesis: The Visual Image and the Plot of Tragedy," Key Writers on the Arts, December 2002.
- "Male and Female Created He Them: Some Platonic Reflections on Genesis 1-3," in The Nature of Woman and the Art of Politics, edited by Eduardo Velasquez, (Rowman and Littlefield, 2000).
Recent Papers Presented:
- "In the Wilderness: Moses as Lawgiver and Founder,” Shalem Center, Jerusalem.