Last Updated: May 29, 2020
Please refer to President Fitts’ recent message for more detailed information about Tulane’s planned roadmap to return to on-campus learning and working. Planning for the fall 2020 semester is still in progress and will continue through the summer with feedback from the Tulane community. All return-to-campus plans are contingent on local, state and federal directives; as this guidance evolves, the university will change or adjust recommendations.
- Fall 2020 Semester: Tulane University’s fall 2020 semester will begin on Wednesday, Aug. 19, with the return of on-ground teaching, learning living and working. The semester will continue through Tuesday, Nov. 24 – with classes ending right before Thanksgiving.
- Faculty and Staff Workforce Resumption: In alignment with the city’s Phase 1 guidelines, we continue to encourage remote working arrangements for all Tulane employees who are able to do so. Recommendations from the Reopening Committees to return to an on-campus learning, living and working environment have been put forward for review and community feedback. These recommendations can be viewed here.
- Virtual Town Halls: President Fitts will host a series of town halls from June 3-9 to discuss our shared path forward and plans for fall. In the meantime, please continue to review FAQs on the Employee Resources webpage and submit your feedback to help inform and guide this process.
- Summer Session Classes: All summer session classes will be conducted online. Beyond the existing roster of classes already on the schedule, our faculty are currently developing a new slate of courses to offer throughout the five summer sessions which will soon be added to the Schedule of Courses. See calendar of summer sessions here and the current listing of courses here.
- Curricular and Co-curricular Programs: All other Tulane-sponsored academic curricular and co-curricular programs scheduled for the summer will be delivered remotely/online.
- Study Abroad: Every study abroad program that includes travel during the summer will either be canceled or an online alternative will be offered. Students enrolled in summer study abroad programs through the Office of Study Abroad should visit this page for program-specific surveys and information. Students enrolled in summer abroad programs through the School of Business should visit this page for further details.
- Pre-college Programs: All Tulane-sponsored summer programs enrolling pre-college students will either be cancelled or transition to online delivery. Further details will be posted here.
- Events: All events scheduled to take place on campus are cancelled through June 28, 2020. This includes Tulane sponsored events (camps, festivals, theatrical productions, etc.) as well as activities sponsored by outside organizations.