COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Dashboard - Archive
Tulane’s asymptomatic surveillance testing program was discontinued on August 5, 2022, therefore the dashboard is no longer updated. The data detailing testing results from July 28, 2020 through August 5, 2022 is available below in the archived dashboard.
- From July 28, 2020 thru August 5, 2022, Tulane’s surveillance testing program required those in the Tulane community be tested regularly, which resulted in community members having many test results since the start of testing. CDC guidance indicated that people could continue to test positive for up to three months after a diagnosis and not be infectious to others, therefore it was not Tulane’s practice to retest individuals within a three-month window of a positive test. However, there were occasionally instances of individuals receiving more than one positive test result within this timeframe. The Individuals Testing Positive data point eliminates duplicate positive tests and only counts those individuals who tested positive multiple times within the three-month window once. Whereas, the Positive Tests data point includes all tests completed, regardless of whether there may have been multiple tests per individual.
- Data is not displayed if there was no testing data reported on that date.
- Results from all testing conducted by Tulane’s Molecular Pathology Lab, including numbers of tests and positive results, was shared with the Louisiana Department of Health and was reflected in state and city reporting, however there was a lag in reporting between our dashboard and that of the city and state.
Cumulative Surveillance Testing
Cumulative surveillance testing data includes all testing through the Tulane testing program between July 28, 2020 and August 5, 2022.
- Tests Completed
The number of tests completed through the Tulane testing program.
- Positive Tests
The number of positive tests identified through the Tulane testing program. All positive tests are represented in this count, including instances when an individual has received more than one positive test result since the start of the Tulane testing program. Employee numbers include faculty, staff and contract workers.
- Percent Testing Positive
The percent of total positive tests identified out of total tests completed through the Tulane testing program.
- Individuals Testing Positive
The number of individuals testing positive through the Tulane testing program. Individuals who received more than one positive test are counted once. Per CDC guidance, individuals who tested positive should not be tested again for 90 days.
Daily Testing Graph
A daily view of testing through Tulane’s testing program. Since the receipt of results were staggered within 48-hour periods and were often delivered from the lab in batches, it is best to view these numbers as trends.
- Daily New Individuals Testing Positive
The number of individuals testing positive for the first time through the Tulane testing program. Individuals who received more than one positive test are counted once.
- Daily Tests
The number of daily tests completed through the Tulane testing program during a specific 24-hour period.
- Daily Positive Tests
The number of positive tests identified through the Tulane testing program during a specific 24-hour period.
- Percent of Positive Tests
The percent of positive tests identified out of the daily tests completed through the Tulane testing program.