The Yvette Milner Jones Award
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Yvette Milner Jones Award
DEADLINE: May 4, 2016
In recognition of Yvette M. Jones' longstanding leadership, dedication, and tireless service to the advancement of Tulane University, the Tulane University Board established the Yvette Milner Jones Award. This award will be bestowed upon an outstanding Tulane University staff member or administrator for his or her superior achievement, dedicated service, and involvement in the affairs of the Tulane University community.
- Nominee must be either a staff employee or administrator below the level of Vice President who does not have a faculty appointment.
- Must have worked for the University for a minimum of 5 years.
Criteria: Nominees should have achieved outstanding success in one or more of the following areas:
- Communicating the university's mission, vision and accomplishments to develop partnerships and relationships that further advance the university;
- Developing and growing relationships between the university and external constituents;
- Building partnerships and relationships that facilitate the university's goal to positively impact the quality of life for residents in New Orleans and beyond by improving the learning environment for faculty and students;
- Exhibiting leadership within the university;
- Demonstrating innovation that enhances the university or the broader community.
- The call for nominations is announced every three years.
- All staff, faculty, students, and affiliates of Tulane are welcome to submit nominations. Click here for the nomination form.
- The nomination form should be thoroughly completed.
- Three letters of support should be submitted with the nomination form. Supporting information and documentation such as anecdotal stories, specific examples of excellence and descriptions of behavior should be provided. Based on the criteria listed above please explain why you think this person should receive this great honor.
- Both the typed and completed nomination form and letters of support should be emailed to Catherine DeMarr at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline on May 4, 2016.
- The Awards Committee reviews nominations and selects one recipient with the approval of Senior Administration.
- The recipient will be announced the end of the spring semester.