one size doesn't fit all
MyPlate.gov offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan/assess your food choices based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
Food to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soups, bread and frozen meals- and choose the foods with lower numbers
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks
Healthy Dining Finder
The Healthy Dining Finder web site offers dietician-approved menu items for everything from fast food to fine dining – all by zip code.