The F.W. Tilton Memorial Library, originally the Tulane Library, was built with funds donated by Caroline Stannard Tilton. Named in honor of her husband, it opened in 1902. The three library collections were merged in 1941, when the first Howard-Tilton Library building (now Jones Hall) was completed. The present five-story main building opened in 1968. Today the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library is one of the 123 research-level libraries in North America belonging to the Association of Research Libraries. The Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, located off Freret Street on Tulane University's uptown campus, is the university's main library and a major academic and cultural resource. It is here that library resources and services are provided to support the university's undergraduate and graduate programs in the humanities, social sciences, and science & engineering.
Check out a 360° view of the library's new Learning Commons and other locations in our virtual tour.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org