Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT)
BIT is a multi-disciplinary group whose purpose is to support students, faculty and staff via an established protocol. The team tracks "red flags" over time, detecting patterns, trends and disturbances in individual or group behavior. The team then deploys its resources and resources of the community and coordinates follow-ups.
- Develops processes for reporting students at risk
- Creates formalized protocols of explicit engagement techniques and strategies
- Creates formalized protocols for mandated assessments and medical withdrawals
- Attends trainings on threat assessment in order to implement a sophisticated threat assessment protocol, which considers levels of threat
- Creates practices and interventions that “mind the gap” relative to students at risk
- Develops training and awareness campaigns for all members of the Tulane campus community