Social Event Guide
If you are planning an on- or off-campus organization event, it can be difficult to know what forms you need to complete and submit to Student Programs. We've created the following guide to help. If you have any questions, please call Student Programs at 865-5141 or email us at email@example.com.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- All paperwork must be completed and turned in to Student Programs THREE WEEKS before the event. Turn in forms in G11 (SOC) in the Garden Level of the Lavin-Bernick Center.
- All forms must be completed and signed where indicated by a representative of the student organization and by the organization’s adviser.
- Any incomplete forms or missing items will delay the processing of your paperwork.
- Check this list to determine which vendors have already completed an alcohol agreement with Tulane.
- Checks are only cut once a week, on Wednesday, and take about a week after the contract is completed to be cut. Plan accordingly.
DETERMINE WHICH FORMS YOU NEED:
For each of the following questions you answer with “yes,” download the corresponding form.
- Is your event alcohol-free? Event Registration Form
- Do you need to reserve space in the LBC, McAlister Auditorium or Rogers Chapel? Room Reservations
- Do you need to reserve an athletic field or the UC Quad? Quad Request
- If you need to reserve a residential or academic quad, academic classroom or space in Newcomb, Jones or Dixon Halls, please contact the department in charge of each of those spaces or the Provost's Office.
- Tulane has agreements with some off-campus locations as well. Check this list of vendors for details.
- Will there be a band, DJ, speaker or some other type of entertainment? If so, you need a signed contract for each performer/speaker/entertainer. Performer Contract
- Will your event be catered? A contract and W-9 are required to process a payment for a caterer. The contract used in this event is a shorter one than for performers.
- Will your event have amusements, such as inflatables or rides? A contract and W-9 are required to process a payment for amusements. The contract used in this event is a shorter one than for performers. You must include an invoice stating the cost of services provided. In addition, you must have a certificate of insurance from the provider.
- Will your event include amplified sound and be held in an outdoor space on campus? Please read the amplified sound policy for the times sound is permitted on campus outdoor property. Amplified Sound
- Do you need to purchase supplies for your event, such as posters, decorations, etc.?
If the business you are buying from does not accept credit cards and you do not know how much the supplies you need will cost, speak with your organization adviser or come to the Office of Student Programs before purchasing anything. Request for Payment or Reimbursement
- Will you need on-campus outdoor electricity or clean up from Facilities Services for your event? You should clean up your own trash, but Facilities Services will provide trash cans and will dispose of the trash your organization collected. Request for Payment
- Will you need to rent tables or chairs from Facilities Services for your event? Request for Payment
- Check with Student Programs to find out if you will need to hire TUPD officers for security at your event. To hire security, call Officer Dominguez at 865-5381 and pay TUPD with an Request for Payment