Order Of Omega, Iota Kappa Chapter
The Purpose of the Order of Omega is:
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institute on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation;
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
General information may be found at the Order of Omega web site.
The membership of this Order shall be confined to members of the Greek-letter social organizations. The three classes of members are student, honorary, and alumni. Qualifications for membership include character, scholarship, service, and leadership. To be considered for membership, students must have Junior or Senior standing and have earned a GPA higher than the all-Greek GPA from the previous semester. Additional considerations include Greek offices held, Greek participation, service to the university, and service to the local community.
- Order of Omega Advisor, Liz Schafer
- President, Seth Lowinger