Travel Support for Graduate Students
The criteria below comprise the policy on Departmental and Flowerree Fund sources of support for travel to make research presentations by students in the Psychology Ph.D. program. Before requesting support, students should make sure that the circumstances of the request meet these requirements. Consideration of student requests is based on these criteria and will not be made until all necessary information is provided.
- Funding will only be approved for research presentations at national or international association meetings, so long as the activities can be shown to benefit one or more faculty members.
- Only the student who is the primary presenter of the paper or poster will be considered for funding (this must be documented in the student's request).
- The student must first have attempted to obtain SSE and external funding for the travel (this must be documented in the student's request; see links above to SSE and Provost's Office).
- Funding is limited to a maximum of $300 per trip and receipts are required.
- Funding is based on availability and sources may fluctuate year to year. Students may receive funding no more than one time per year, but must document all prior travel awards received from the Departmental or Flowerree Fund sources during their graduate career.
- A student may receive funding no more than three times during their doctoral training (a summary of previous awards should accompany the student's request).
- Funding may be applied toward expenses for preparation of the presentation, travel, lodging, or conference registration.
- Funding requests must include the full name of the association, dates, and conference location, as well as evidence of acceptance of the paper or poster for presentation.
- Funding requests must be accompanied by a signed endorsement from the student's supervising professor. (The Flowerree Fund is a departmental endowment to the faculty. Awards from this fund must be justified as professional support to the supervising professor and the department.)
- Printed copies of posters and papers must identify the Tulane Psychology Department as the institutional affiliation and support from the Flowerree Fund must be formally acknowledged.
NOTE: All requests must be submitted on Flowerree Fund request forms (available here as a pdf document or in the departmental office). Requests must address all of the criteria indicated above and be accompanied by all necessary supporting documentation.
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF documents.