Science & Engineering
105 Lindy Boggs Center
May 9, 2007
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Attendance: Altiero, Alvarez, Burdsal, Caruso, Chambers, Colombo, Cunningham, Dancisak, Daniel, Dauns, Dawers, De Kee, Diebold, Dohanich, Dyer, Ensley, Gaver, Godbey, Golob, Han, Herman, Kalka, Koplitz, Law, Liukkonen, McGuire, Mehrabadi, Mitchell, Mullin, O’Brien, Overstreet, Papadopoulos, Perdew, Reed, Rice, Rogers, Ruscher, Schmehl, Schraeder, Szechter, Tasker, Varela, Wee, Wilson
Proxy: Ruscher for Corey
1. Minutes of last meeting were approved with one abstention.
2. Most important thing for graduation is to make sure all names are on the lists.
Each dept. confirmed their certification lists for undergraduates were checked. Vote passed to accept the graduation list. Motion made: if new evidence comes to light, Dean’s Office can make corrections to the list. Seconded and passed.
3. Graduate student list: Daniel DeKee reported that all departments had communicated on the veracity of the graduate student list. Vote passed to accept list with same proviso that Dean’s Office can make corrections.
4. Explanations were made concerning details of Commencement, morning and afternoon sessions. Written instructions concerning schedules and logistics will be sent from the Dean’s Office by e-mail shortly.
5. Elections and appointments. A nominating committee is needed before summer begins. Two elected committees need to be elected: Nominating committee, and Grievance Committee.
Dean Altiero moved that Nominating committee has done such an outstanding job they will be elected for another year. Motions was seconded and all were in favor except one against.
Current Grievance Committee will go until August 15, 2007.
This type of ad hoc approach is tenable until June 30, 2007.
6. Call for Old Business: None.
7. Call for New Business. Resolution made and unanimously passed to thank all those faculty members for their service in the engineering departments being dissolved.
Meeting ended at 4:35pm. W. Reed, Secretary of SSE