Faculty - Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Jeffrey G. Agnew, Ph.D. Louisiana State University, 2008
Professor of Practice
Geoscience education, Paleobiology, Paleoecology
- Nancye H. Dawers, Ph.D. Columbia, 1997
Structural Geology, Neotectonics
Fault growth and interaction using scaling relations in evolving
- George C. Flowers, Ph.D., California-Berkeley, 1979
Environmental geochemistry of estuarine sediments.
- Nahid D. Gani, University of Texas at Dallas, 2006
Exploring tectonic-incision-climate coupling by integrating GIS-based incision model, low-temperature thermochronology and quantitative river profiles. Stable-isotope based paleoaltimetry and paleoclimate
- Nicole M. Gasparini, Ph.D. Mass Institute of Technology, 2003
Fluvial geomorphology; Landscape evolution; Sediment delivery from hillslopes to rivers
Interactions between climate and tectonics through erosion
Impacts of climate change on river networks.
- Karen H. Johannesson, Ph.D. Nevada, Reno, 1993
Low-temperature aqueous geochemistry and biogeochemistry, emphasizing trace element speciation, chemical hydrogeology, and biogeochemical cycling of trace elements
(e.g., arsenic, selenium, and REEs) in the environment.
- Stephen A. Nelson, Ph.D., California -Berkeley, 1979
Igneous petrology, volcanology, relationship between volcanism and tectonism, particularly in Mexico;
Mechanisms of explosive volcanism;
- Ronald L. Parsley, Ph.D., Cincinnati, 1969
Phylogenetics, functional morphology, paleoecology, Mode and tempo of evolution of Lower Paleozoic primitive Echinodermata.
Paleobiology and paleoecology of Lower Paleozoic faunas.
- Brad E. Rosenheim, Ph.D. University of Miami, 2005
Analysis of very recent geologic records of ocean circulation parameters (temperature, oxygen isotopes, salinity, minor elements, and 14C) in relation to global climate change.
Circulation history of the subtropical North Atlantic.
- Jeffrey M. Sigler, Ph.D. Yale University, 2006
Professor of Practice
Micrometeorology, biometeorology, air pollution
Environmental cycling of mercury
- Kyle M. Straub, Ph.D. Mass Institute of Technology, 2007
Sediment transport from land through the ocean into the
Continental Slope Morphodynamics, Submarine Morphodynamics
- Torbjörn E. Törnqvist, Ph.D. Utrecht University, 1993
Quaternary geology, Fluvial and deltaic sedimentology, Sequence stratigraphy, Sea-level change, Applied geochronology, Paleoclimatology
- Richard Campanella, M.S. L.S.U., 1993
Assistant Research Professor
GIS, remote sensing, mapping sciences, and cartography.
Historical and present-day physical, urban, and human geography of New Orleans region.
- Barry Kohl, Ph.D., Tulane, 1980
Tertiary Foraminiferal Biostratigraphy
Global Sea Level change
- Alexander S. Kolker, Ph.D. Stony Brook University, State University of New York, 2005
Adjunct Research Professor
Natural, climatic, and anthropogenic processes that govern coastal systems during times of stasis and change.
Determining the balance between subsidence and sedimentation in Barataria Bay
- Mike Dagg
Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON)
Zooplankton processes in the ocean