Tulane/Xavier Environmental Biology Research Program
Get a New Perspective on Environmental Biology and Research
The Undergraduate Research Mentoring Program for Enhancing Diversity in Environmental Biology welcomes applications for research fellowships. The goal of this project is to recruit and mentor minority undergraduate students to prepare them to gain admission, to successfully matriculate and to complete graduate programs in environmental biology. This program is funded by a grant to Tulane and Xavier by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Generous stipend for both summer and academic year
- Mentored summer and academic year research
- GRE preparation and testing
- Career exploration
Who is Eligible?
- First-year and 1st semester sophomore level students majoring in the STEM disciplines (STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- U. S. citizenship
- Please note that pre-med students are INELIGIBLE!
- Students accepted into the program will begin their summer research training with an orientation on Friday, June 28th.
- The training is scheduled to last five weeks: July 1, 2013 to July 29, 2013.
- Application Deadline: March 8, 2013
For additional URM‐EDEB information please contact: