MarkAlain Déry, DO, MPH
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Déry received his Masters in Public Health in 1994 from Loma Linda School of Public Health. In 1999 Dr. Déry graduated from medical school at the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Déry's Internal Medicine training at Case Western Reserve University allowed for an emphasis in global health care orientation. After three and a half years on the Navajo Reservation as part of his obligation to the Public Health Service, Dr. Déry relocated to New Orleans and completed an Infectious Disease fellowship at Tulane School of Medicine from 2006 - 2008.
Dr. Déry remained at Tulane as faculty in the School of Medicine and is currently the Director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. This is a new program that is being developed by Dr. Déry at Tulane Medical Center to decrease the burden of multidrug-resistant organisms while improving patient safety.
Dr. Déry's research interests include antimicrobial resistance, infection control, and multidrug-resistant organisms.
Dr. Déry is also the medical director for the Tulane T-Cell Clinic, a community-based HIV clinic that is unique in that a majority of the clients are women and minorities.
Dr. Déry is also passionate about HIV prevention and testing; he has been integral in producing the HIV Awareness Music Project, an annually occurring music festival that promotes HIV education, awareness and empowerment.
- Déry, MA, Yonuschot G, Winterson B. The effects of manually applied intermittent pulsation pressure to rat ventral thorax on lymph transport. Lymphology 2000 Jun; 33(2): 58-61.
- Donskey CJ, Hoyen CK, Das SM, Farmer S, Déry MA, Bonomo RA. Effect of oral Bacillus coagulans administration on the density of vancomycin-resistant enterococci in the stool of colonized mice. Letters in Applied Microbiology 2001; 33:84-88.
- Déry, MA. A Clinical Description of Buruli Ulcer in a Rural Health Care Setting in Guinea. On-line publication for Partners Infectious Diseases Images www.idimages.org. October 2003
- Cummings J, Gill I, Akhrass R, Déry, MA, Biblo L, Quan K. Preservation of The Anterior Epicardial Fat Pad Paradoxically Decreases Atrial Fibrillation After Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004 Mar 17; 43(6):994-1000.
- Cummings JE, Schweikert RA, Saliba WI, Burkhardt JD, Brachmann J, Gunther J, Schibgilla V, Atul Verma A, Déry MA, Drago JL, Kilicaslan F, Natale A. Assessment of Temperature, Proximity, and Course of the Esophagus During Radiofrequency Ablation Within the Left Atrium. Circ 2005; 112:459-464.
- Déry MA, Hustwit J, Boschert G, Wish J. Results and Recommendations from the Helicopter EMS Pilot Safety Survey 2005. Air Med Jour 2007; 26(1): 38-44
- Déry MA, Hasbun R. Changing Epidemiology of Bacterial Meningitis. Curr Infect Dis Rep 2007 Jul;9(4):301-7.
- Déry MA. One Hundred Thousand Cases of Influenza With a Death Rate of One-Fortieth of That Officially Reported Under Conventional Medical Treatment- Letter to the Editors of The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. JAOA 2008; 108 (9): 484-530.
- Déry MA, Bausch DG. A DNA Vaccine for the Prevention of Ebola Virus Infection. Curr Opin Mol Ther 2008 Jun; 10(3):285-93.
- Cavasin H, Dola T, Uribe O, Biswas M, Do M, Bhuiyan A, Déry MA, Dola C. Postoperative Infectious Morbidities of Cesarean Delivery in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Women. Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology 2009; Article ID 827405.