Jeff Wiese, MD, FACP
SECTION 6: EDUCATIONAL PUBLICATIONS
(other publications removed)
- Rigby PG, Braun K, Hilton C, Pinsky W, Wiese JG, Chesson A, Guidry J. The Medical Education Commission Report 2007: GME is Recovering from Katrina. J La State Med Soc., 161(1): 32-40.
- Wiese JG. Accounting to the Public through Focused-Practice Certification. Virtual Mentor. Dec. 2008, Vol. 10, No. 12:797-800
- Wiese JG. Dispensing with Noon Conference: The Friday school alternative to a residency core curriculum. Academic Medicine (Under Review)
- Wiese JG. Beginning with the end in mind: Hospital Medicine Electives. Jo Gen Intern Med. 2008. xxx(v):pp-pp.
- Wiese JG Leadership in Graduate Medical Education: Eleven Steps Instrumental in Recovering Residency Programs Following a Disaster. American Journal of Medical Sciences; 2008, 336(2):168-173.
- Bagatelle S, Wiese JG. The Elite Code Grey Team: A New Model for Residency Preparedness and Training in Advance of a Disaster. American Journal of Medical Sciences; 2008, 336(2):174-178.
- Wiese JG, Jaffer A. A New Home Awaits the Hospitalist. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2007; Vol 2(1): 4-5
- Wiese JG. Making SOAPS SAFER: An Outline for Teaching Students How to Perform the Oral Case Presentation. The Portal of Geriatric Online Education. October 24, 2006.
- Wiese JG, Holman R, Updates in Hospitalist Medicine, Annals of Internal Medicine, 2006; xxx(v):pp-pp.
- Hauer KE, Teherani A, Wiese JG; Fenton CL. A strategy to standardize the learning of core clerkship objectives. Advances in Health Sciences Education 2003; 8: 213-221.
- Wiese JG, Saint S, Tierney L; The spoken case presentation: issues and recommendations. Seminars in Medical Practice. 2002; 5(3): 29-37.
- Wiese JG, Varosy P, Tierney L; Improving oral presentation skills with a clinical reasoning curriculum: a prospective, controlled study. American Jo Med. 2002; 112: 5-12.
- Mihalopoulos N, Khan A, Wiese JG; Influenza: recommendations and public health strategies; La Med Jo, 2001; 153: 596-602.
- Wiese J, The Rational Physical Examination; The Abdominojugular Reflux, American Jo Med 2000; 16; 76-80.
- Saint S, Wiese J, Amory J, Bernstein ML; Lack of Physician Awareness of Urinary Catheters in their Patients: Ignorance is not bliss, American Jo Med, 2000; 16; 476-478.
- Wiese J; Didwania A; Kerzner R; Chernow B; Use of different
- Wiese JG (editor) Textbook of Hospital Medicine; McGraw Hill Publishing. (IN PROGRESS)
- Wiese JG (editor), Teaching in Hospital Medicine; ACP Publishing. (IN PROGRESS)
- Wiese JG. The Answer Book: A Guide to the Clinical Wards, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, New York, NY, 2005. (680 pages)
- Puschett J, Wiese JG, Kahn M, (Editors). Biotest Study Aids in Internal Medicine, 2002. (300 pages)
- Wiese JG, Values In Conflict: The Lincoln-Douglas Debate; Kansas City; Clark Publishing, 1991.
C. BOOK CHAPTERS:
- Wiese JG, The Patient History: Evidence Based Approach. Edema. Lange, 2004.
- Wiese JG, The Patient History: Evidence Based Approach. Gait Disorders. Lange, 2004
- Wiese JG, Infectious Disease in the Emergency Department. Pharyngitis. McGraw Hill, 2005.
- Wiese JG, Biotest Study Aids in Internal Medicine; General Medicine; 2004.
- Parekh N, Wiese JG, Biotest Study Aids in Internal Medicine; Ophthalmology; 2004.
- Wiese JG (Reference editor). In Tierney LM, McPhee SJ, Papadakis MA (Ed): Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment (38th Edition). Appleton & Lange, 1997.
- Wiese JG, Saint-Frances Guide to Outpatient Medicine; Chapter 29: Wrist injuries. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore, Maryland, 2000.
D. PUBLICATIONS IN PREPARATION
- Guidry M, Toprani A, Wiese JG. A decision analysis of the financial benefit to patients of “free” pharmaceutical samples.
- Khot S, Wiese JG. The Yellow Berets
- Pollack A, Frernandez C, Wiese JG. Parametric auscultation
- King D, Rosen D, Kahn A, Wiese JG. Quantification of peripheral edema
- Wiese JG. Cougar; A curriculum to observe underachievers and give assisted remediation.
- Choe, E, Wiese JG. Assessing a teaching teaching elective.
- Davidoff S, Wiese JG, Assessing a clinical problem solving innovation.
- Gambala C, Lyons C, Wiese JG. Using fine art to improve observation