Office of Medical Education
School of Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue, SL-6
New Orleans, LA 70112
Team-Based Learning Collaborative Public Site
This is the public site of the Team Learning Collaborative with public information about team learning, upcoming events, and information on how to obtain access to the TeamCrossing private site.
This is the link to give your colleagues asking for information about team learning.
Online resources for developing and implementing TBLs in the curriculum. This site has videos, PPTs, and an abundance of "how to" materials.
Team Based Learning – Resources at The University of British Columbia
Resources for implementing TBLs, e.g. PPTs, cases, and guides.
IF-AT Forms - Epstein Educational Enterprises
This links to information about IF-AT forms from Epstein Educational Enterprises. Here you can find FAQs and ordering information.
Derek Lane -- Articles and Presentation Materials
This is the link posted by Derek Lane at the Fourth Annual Conference. It contains his PowerPoint presentation and a list of articles on facilitation techniques.
MedEdPORTAL is a Web-based tool that promotes collaboration across disciplines and institutions by facilitating the exchange of peer-reviewed educational materials, knowledge, and solutions. Developed by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) MedEdPORTAL will serve as a central repository of high quality educational materials such as PowerPoint presentations, assessment materials, virtual patient cases, and faculty development materials.
Team-Based Learning in Medical & Health Sciences Education
Team-Based Learning in Medical & Health Sciences Education 4th Annual National Conference - Wright State University School of Medicine
A site dedicated to the promotion of the next TBL conference, June 2-4, 2005:
1. Koles P, Nelson S, Stolfi A, Parmelee D, DeStephen D. Active Learning in a 2 Year Pathology Curriculum. Med Educ 2005 October, 39:1045-1055.
2. Touchet BK, Coon KA. A Pilot Use of Team-Based Learning in Psychiatry Resident Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Education. Academic Psychiatry, July-Aug 2005, 29:3: 293-296
3. Nieder GL, Parmelee DX, Stolfi A, Hudes PD. Team-Based Learning in a Medical Gross Anatomy and Embryology Course. Clinical Anatomy, Vol 18 (1) January 2005, pp 56-63.
4. Vasan NS , DeFouw D. Team Learning in a Medical Gross Anatomy Course. Med Educ. 2005 May; 39(5): 524.
5. Kelly PA, Haidet P, Schneider V, Searle N, Seidel CL, Richards BF. A Comparison of In-class Learner Engagement Across Lecture, Problem-based Learning, and Team Learning Using the STROBE Classroom Observation Tool. Teach Learn Med. 2005 Spring; 17(2): 112-8.
6. Michaelsen LK, Richards BF. Drawing Conclusions from the Team Learning Literature In Health-Sciences Education: A Commentary. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 2005 Winter; 17(1): 85-88.
7. Dunaway, GA. Adaption of team learning to an introductory graduate pharmacology course. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 2005 Winter;17(1):56-62.
8. Levine RE, O'Boyle M, Haidet P, Lynn D, Stone MM, Wolf DV, Paniagua FA. Transforming a Clinical Clerkship Through Team Learning, Teaching and Learning in Medicine 2004; 16(3);270-275.
9. Haidet P, Richards B, Morgan RO, Wristers K, Moran BJ. A Controlled Trial of Active Versus Passive Learning Strategies in a Large Group Setting. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2004;9(1):15-27.
10. O'Rourke KS, Nowacek G, Gorney B, Lambros A, Ober KP. Team Learning Method for Delivering Case-Based Teaching in Rheumatology to Medical Students: A Pilot Trial. Arthritis & Rheumatology 48 (9:suppl):S705, 2003.
11. Hunt DP, Haidet P, Coverdale JH, Richards BF. The Effect of
12. Using Team Learning in an Evidence-based Medicine Course for Medical Students. Teaching and Learning in Medicine 2003, 15(2):131-139.
13. McInerney, MJ. Team-Based Learning Enhances Long-Term Retention and Critical Thinking in an Undergraduate Microbial Physiology Course. Microbiology Education Journal, 4(1), 2003, p. 3-12).
14. Searle NS, Haidet P, Kelly PA, Schneider VF, Seidel CL, Richards BF. Team learning in medical education: Initial experiences at ten institutions. Acad Med. 2003 Oct;78(10 Suppl):S55-8.
15. O'Malley KJ, Moran BJ, Haidet P, Seidel CL, Schneider V, Morgan RO, Kelly PA, Richards BF. Validation of an Observation Instrument for Measuring the Type and Amount of Student Engagement in the Health Professions Classroom. Evaluation & The Health Professions, 2003;26(1):86-103.
16. Haidet P, O'Malley KJ, Richards B. An initial experience with "team learning" in medical education. Academic Medicine 2002;77(1):40-44
17. Seidel CL, Richards BF. Application of team learning in a medical physiology course. Academic Medicine 2001 May;76(5):533-534
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-6600 firstname.lastname@example.org