Applicants must submit an application using Tulane's web-based application site which can be accessed here. All supporting documents should be sent directly to the Hayward Genetics Center at the address below.
The application system opens on October 1, 2014 and the deadline to apply is July 1, 2015. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis so it is best to get your application in as early as possible. There is no guarantee that there will still be openings in the class up until the deadline.
1. Create an Account: To access the online application, go to https://www.applyweb.com/apply/tulane/ and create an account. Once you do this, you will be directed back to the main page where you will select "Apply to the Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences".
2. Select Human Genetics as Your Program: Enter your demographic information and advance to the next page. On this page be sure to select "Biomedical Sciences MS - Human Genetics". This application system is used for for many different programs and we can only see applications for those who select our program.
3. Submit Your Test Scores: On the 3rd page of the online application, you will be asked to enter test scores for GRE, MCAT, and/or TOEFL. In addition to self reporting these scores, you must also have an official copy sent to us. For the GRE and TOEFL scores, have a copy mailed using institution code 6178. For MCAT scores, please include your 16 digit Verification Code and AAMC ID Number on the application so that we can verify your scores online. If you would like to submit DAT scores, report 0s for MCAT scores and email the program director, Dr. Karen Weissbecker, at firstname.lastname@example.org your official DAT scores.
4. Send All Official Transcripts: Have all official transcripts from each college or university attended sent to the address below.
5. Submit a Statement of Purpose: The last page of the application provides space for you to let us know why you would like to attend our program and how you think a MS in Human Genetics will help you achieve your goals. You may also use this space to let us know about any relevant activities, extracurricular activities, etc..
6. Submit 3 Letters of Recommendation: At least 2 letters must be academic, preferably from science professors. You can use the form provided on the application website or have them mailed directly to us. If you are sending letters through Interfolio, you can have everything mailed to the address below or emailed to email@example.com.
7. Pay the Application Fee: An application fee of $50.00 must be paid online at the time your application is submitted.
All supporting documents should be sent to the following address:
Attention: Masters Application
Hayward Genetics Center
Tulane University School of Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue, SL-31
New Orleans, LA 70112
For questions about the Masters program, please contact Dr. Karen Weissbecker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 988-6242.
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-5263 email@example.com