The application process opens on October 1, 2013. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the Fall 2014 semester. The University's deadline for receiving ALL application materials is July 1, 2014. Although this is the deadline, because we work on a rolling admissions basis, there is no guarantee that there will be openings in the class up until the deadline.
1) To apply to the program, an online application must be filled out which can be accessed at https://www.applyweb.com/apply/tulane/ (click where it says "Apply to the BMS graduate program" at the bottom of the page).
NOTE: Several Ph.D. and M.S. programs at Tulane use this application service. Be careful to indicate that you are applying for a MASTERS degree with HUMAN GENETICS (listed under "track'). You may also wish to send an email to email@example.com to notify us that you have submitted an online application to our program.
In addition to the online application, you must submit ALL of the following items:
2) An application fee of $50.00 must be paid online at the time your application is submitted.
3) GRE, DAT or MCAT scores must be reported on the application. If reporting MCAT scores, students must include their 16 digit VERIFICATION CODE from the AAMC website. GRE scores will be verified through the ETS. International students must also have official TOEFL scores sent, and all application materials must be in English.
4) An OFFICIAL transcript from each college or university attended.
5) Three letters of recommendation from professors, preferably from your science classes. A form is provided on the website above. In lieu of letters of recommendation that have been prepared specifically for this application, recommendations on file from undergraduate career development offices may be submitted - but we need more than a single summary letter.
This year you may submit letters online through CollegeNet- the BMS website should explain that procedure.
Transcripts and letters may also be sent directly to the following address:
Attention: Masters Applications
Hayward Genetics Center, Box # SL-31
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
1430 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
For questions about the program itself, please contact Dr. Karen Weissbecker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 988-6242
For administrative questions (online application, tuition, etc.): email@example.com
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-5187 firstname.lastname@example.org