- Bylaws for the Constitution shall be established to outline in more detail the organization and management of the School of Medicine.
- Proposed amendments to the Bylaws may be presented as follows:
- Amendments to the Bylaws may be originated and approved by the General Medical Faculty. Any proposed amendment may be submitted at a regular or special meeting of the General Medical Faculty and must be considered at a second meeting no less than one month and no more than three months later. Notice of the proposed action shall appear in the agenda of the first meeting at which the proposed amendment is considered and shall be circulated to all members of the General Medical Faculty at least one week in advance of the second meeting. Any such amendments shall be adopted by a simple majority vote of all the voting members of the General Medical Faculty.
- Amendments or additions to the Bylaws may be proposed by action of the Executive Faculty. The amendment or addition shall then be presented to the General Medical Faculty for action as outlined in Section 2, paragraph a of this Article.
- Amendments to the Bylaws after approval by the General Medical Faculty in accordance with Article V; Item 2, Section A, must be approved by the Dean, Chancellor, and Board of Governors of the Medical School, and the President of the University. The Dean, Chancellor, and the President shall each have (10) ten days for review. The Board of Governors shall have until the next scheduled meeting or 30 days (whichever is the longer) from the date of approval by the General Medical Faculty. If none of these reviewers rule to the contrary within their prescribed time limitation, then the amendment(s) shall be considered approved.
Return to Table of Contents