The New Orleans Syringe Access Program (NOSAP) began operating in May 2006. The program is open to any person seeking services. The only limitation to access is for unmarried persons who are under the age of 17 years, as stipulated by state law.
Services available through NOSAP include:
- -syringe and safer injection equipment access and disposal
- -harm reduction and health education
- -referrals to detox, treatment and other social services
- -substance abuse counseling (for adolescent patients only)
- -access to hygiene and wound care supplies
New Orleans Syringe Access Program Hours:
Currently NOSAP is a volunteer run program. Supplies are paid for through grants from the Tides Foundation and the North American Syringe Exchange Network.