Thanks to funding from the GE Foundation and support from the Louisiana Public Health Institute School Health Connection, Tulane's Adolescent Medicine Department operates a School Based Health Center within Warren Easton Charter School.
Our mission is to provide quality comprehensive health care to students, administered by caring professionals. In doing so, we hope to:
- Improve the overall health status of our students
- Promote and support healthy lifestyle choices
- Encourage positive communication between students and their families about health issues
- Reduce risk behaviors that threaten the health of our young people
- Support and contribute to the educational experience
- Reduce absenteeism, suspensions, expulsions, and drop-out rate
- Empower our students to help change their community
The following services are available to all registered Cohen students and other authorized students, with written consent from a parent or guardian, regardless of their insurance status and/or ability to pay:
- Annual exams and sports physicals
- Treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Hearing and vision screening
- Routine laboratory testing, including pregnancy testing and screening for infections
- Counseling and mental health services, including individual, group, and family counseling
- Management of chronic illnesses
- Referral and follow-up for more complex problems or emergencies
- Health education
- Nutrition counseling
- Youth development
All patient information, records, and documents are strictly confidential and are not shared with outside institutions without written permission.
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is comprised of several community partners who work with the faculty and staff of Walter L. Cohen High School to increase students' awareness of the clinical services available to them. The CAC also continually works as advocates for the School Based Health Center.
Make an appointment or ask us a question!
Fax: (504) 988-1841
Department of Pediatrics, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112 504-988-5456 firstname.lastname@example.org