Med-Peds Community Service & Social Activities
Residents at Tulane take pride in extending themselves beyond our institutional wall and into the community. As part of the Tulane Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program, residents participate in community service through Med-Peds Community Service Committee.
The goal of Med-Peds CSC is to aid in bridging the gap in health disparities through direct community outreach. Each year, our resident organize an interdisciplinary "Making People Healthy Health Fair," where they screen and provide preventive services to over 500 people with the assistance of faculty form various disciplines. In addition, our residents lead and take part in mentorship programs, our annual holiday drives for indigent children throughout New Orleans, and our improvement in community health literacy program through our Med-Peds Community Newsletter, " Mouth Piece."
Life at Tulane Med-Peds Residency Program is about hard work, service, and fun!
Community Service Activities
- NOLA Run Youth Health Physicals
- Adolescent Holiday Party at Covenant House
- Dillard University Student Athlete
- Walmart "Making People Healthy" Health Fair
- Intern Welcome Party
- Switch Party (Prior to first Med-Peds switch)
- Med-Peds Resident Holiday Party
- Med-Peds Retreat
- Annual Med-Peds Graduation Ceremony