Thank you for your interest in the Tulane University Orthopaedic Surgery Residency! Our fully accredited Orthopaedic Residency through the Tulane University School of Medicine provides our residents with a solid foundation and all the skills necessary to begin and maintain a successful Orthopaedic Surgery career. The program has started hundreds of successful men and women on the path to providing exemplary care and the satisfaction that comes with providing such high level care. Our residency is as diverse and dynamic as the city in which it’s located. Our program provides training in every area of Orthopaedic Surgery and in every setting imaginable.
- The Veterans Affairs (VA) is where we can care for the men and women who have given so generously to our country.
- University Medical Center of New Orleans
- Tulane Medical Center (TMC) is our downtown campus where we provide elective and trauma care.
- Tulane Lakeside Hospital cares for children in our downtown location where a large number of spine surgeries are done utilizing the precision navigation of our O-arm. It is also our suburban hospital where a large number operations occur on professional and amateur athletes.
- Children’s Hospital of New Orleans is a state of the art pediatric hospital providing care to a large number of the children of Louisiana.
- The Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine is where initial and follow up care is provided to amateur, collegiate and professional athletes alike.
Other clinic experience is located at each facility.
Along with a bounty of clinical education opportunities, we offer a wide array of research opportunities; The result of which has been numerous books, chapters, articles, and national and international presentations.
Our didactics sets the foundation through interactive conferences, hands on labs, and lectures. Our BioSkills lab allows refinement of surgical skills through the use of cadaveric specimens, while our Saw Bones lab allows comfort and skill to be obtained in using both principles and implants.
We are not only dedicated to our patients, but also to phenomenal Residents who, while developing their skills, provide exemplary care to the people of this great city. They too are as diverse as the city we live in and its an honor to work with them.
If you have any questions regarding our program, please contact:
Paul Gladden, M.D.
Chief, Orthopaedic Trauma
Director, Orthopaedic Residency
Tulane University School of Medicine
Academic Office: (504)-988-3515