Scott A Tucker, MD
Tulane University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Currently PGY-5
Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, US, M.D., 2008
Colby College, Waterville, ME, US, B.A., 2002
Honors in Surgery, Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics & Family Medicine clerkships
- Volunteer, The Mayflower Foundation
- Member, Tulane Orthopaedics Interest Group
- Member, Rudolph Matas Surgical Society
- Louisiana Obese Subjects Study (L.O.S.S.): New Orleans, LA, Summer 2005
Primary research assistant for the greater New Orleans area in launching the LOSS Study. Recruited patients, took histories, performed physicals and phlebotomy, analyzed labwork. The study of morbidly obese patients compared a control group that utilized an online dietary/exercise guide with a case group that received an 800-calorie daily liquid diet and weight loss medications, in efforts to assess the ability to achieve 25% weight loss and future BMI maintenance.
- "Trauma on the Road" Retrospective Study: New Orleans, LA, April 2007 – present
Analyzing the cost effectiveness of teaching practices using the mobile Advanced Trauma Life Support Training Unit, deployed from Charity Hospital, during the months immediately following hurricane Katrina to provide ATLS training to surrounding Southeast states. Using trainee questionnaire feedback in assessing a mobile training unit versus centralized hospital training.
- Intra-Abdominal Pressure Monitoring study: New Orleans, LA, April 2007 – present
Background research and prospective study to compare bladder and femoral venous pressure transducer monitoring in the diagnosis and treatment of intra-abdominal hypertension syndrome in trauma patients.
- Child Safety Seat Retrospective Study: New Orleans, LA, April 2007 - present
Retrospective analysis of Charity Hospital training of child safety seat usage and safe motor vehicle practices on the mortality/morbidity of motor vehicle accidents involving children in the New Orleans area over the past 8 years.
- Kales SN, Soteriades ES, Christoudias SG, Tucker SA, Nicolau M, Christiani DC. Firefighters' blood pressure and employment status on hazardous materials teams in Massachusetts: a prospective study. J Occup Environ Med. 2002 July; 44(7):669-76. PMID:12134531.
- Soteriades ES, Kales SN, Liarokapis D, Christoudias SG, Tucker SA, Christiani DC. Lipid profile of firefighters over time: opportunities for prevention. J Occup Environ Med. 2002 Sept; 44(9):840-846. PMID:12227676.