Raoul P Rodriguez, MD
In addition to being Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at Tulane, Dr. Rodriguez is also chief of foot and ankle surgery. He is one of a few surgeons in the region with training and experience in total ankle replacement. He also performs a full array of foot and ankle reconstructive procedures as well as having long term experience with hip and knee replacement.
Chairman, Orthopaedic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine
Residency Program Director, Orthopaedic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine
Chief, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine
Foot & Ankle Surgery
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
De La Salle High School, Vedado, Havana, Cuba (Bachiller En Ciencias) 1948-1953
University of Havana School of Medicine, Havana, Cuba 1953-1956
Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, M.D., 1960
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1960-1961
Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US, 1961-1962
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, US, 1962-1965
- Alpha Omega, Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- B. B. Weinstein Award, Tulane University, 1960
- Merck Award, Tulane University, 1960
- First Prize, Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Residents' Meeting, December 14, 1964
- XIII Jornada Nacional de Orthopedia Recognition Award for Labor on behalf of Mexican Orthopaedics, Puebla, May, 1985
- J. Elmer Nix Ethics Award, Clinical Orthopaedic Society meeting, 2000
- Thomas, Kevin A., Cook, S.D., Brinker, M.R., Bennett, J.T., Rodriguez, R.P. and Whitecloud, T.S., III: Bone Mineral Density Evaluations in Pediatric Orthopaedic Populations. Digest of Papers Eighth Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, Richmond, Virginia, October 15-16, 1989, pp.26-29.
- Thomas K.A., Cook, S.D., Brinker, M. R., Bennett, J.T., Rodriguez, R.P. and Whitecloud, T.S., III: Bone Mineral Density Evaluations in Pediatric Orthopaedic Populations. Biomaterials, Artificial Cells, and Artificial Organs, 17:520, 1989. Abstract.
- Rodriguez, Ricardo, Cook, S.D., Sandborn, P., Rodriguez, RP: Electromyographic Analysis of Rowing Stroke Biomechanics. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 30(1):103-108, March, 1990. Published by Minerva Medica, Instituto Di Scienza Dello Sport Via del Campi Sportivi, 46-00197 Roma (Italy).
- Rodriguez, RP: The Bridle Procedure in the Treatment of paralysis of the foot. Foot and Ankle 13(2):63-68, 1992.
- Flint, Lewis, Rodriguez, RP: Complications of Pelvic Fractures. Book Chapter Complications in Trauma, Churchill Livingston, Inc. Kenneth L. Mattox, MD, editor.
- Rodriguez, R.P: Amputation Surgery and Prostheses. Book Chapter Pediatric Orthopaedic Oncology, 27(3):525-539, 1996.
- Rodriguez, RP: Surgical Reconstruction of the Paralytic Flaccid Foot. Foot and Ankle Clinics. 5(2):349-379, 2000.
- Rodriguez, RP: Medial Displacement Calcaneal Tuberosity Osteotomy in the Treatment of Posterior Tibial Insufficiency. Foot and Ankle Clinics. 6(3):545-567, 2001.
- Rodriguez, Raoul P. Catastrophic Disaster, Editorial. Foot and Ankle International. 27(5):315-316, 2006.