Dr. Davis earned his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training at Charity Hospital, New Orleans, LA. Dr. Derbes then went on to do his fellowship in rheumatic diseases at Georgetown University and Veterans Administration Hospitals, Washington, D.C.
- Michaels RM, Nashel DJ, Leonard A, Sliwinski AJ, Derbes SJ: Weekly intravenous methotrexate in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1982; 25:339-341.
- Derbes SJ: Trimethoprim-induced aseptic meningitis. JAMA 1984; 252:2865-2866.
- Derbes SJ: Trimethoprim-induzierte aseptische meningitis.
JAMA (Deutsche Ausgabe) 1985; 4:190-194.
- Derbes SJ: Aseptic meningitis, trimethoprim, and Sjögren's syndrome (Letter). JAMA 1985; 253:2192.
- Derbes SJ, deShazo RD: Urticaria and angioedema: New insights and new entities.
Comprehensive Therapy 1985; 11:52-59.
- Derbes SJ, deShazo RD: Hypersensitivity reactions to imported fire ants.
Schumpert Med Q 1986; 104-108.
- Oshiro AC, Derbes SJ, Stopa AR, Gedalia A: Anti-Ro/SSA and anti-La/SSB antibodies
associated with cardiac involvement in childhood systemic lupus erythematosus.
Ann Rheum Dis 1997; 56:272-274.