Shared Instrumentation Facility
For all the questions you have to ask, we have the tools to help you answer them.
HOURS: Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00 - 5:00 pm.
LOCATION: We are located in Room 6722 of the Medical School.
FEES: We are not charging fees for use of instruments at the present time.
Imaging and Detection
- Fuji PhosphorImager FIA9000 (provides quantitative imaging/phosphor technology)
- Fuji Luminescent Image Analyzer LAS4000
- Alpha Innotech AlphaImager (documentation and image analysis applications)
- Nano Drop ND-1000 Spectrophotometers ND-2000 (measures color across a visible spectrum/produces data)
- Packard Tri-Carb 1600CA Liquid Scintilation Analyzer
Sample Processing and Analysis
- BioRad PCR - Thermal Cycler (amplifies DNA)
- Virtis Lyophilizer (dehydration process typically used to preserve a perishable material)
- BioRad Gel Dryer
- SLM AMINCO French Press
- Savant Automatic Environmental SpeedVac with Vaponet
- BioRad Biologic Duo Flow QualTee System with Fraction Collector
- Beckman XL-90 Floor Standing Ultracentrifuge (large samples)
Rotors: Type SW 41 TI, Type 50.2 TI, Type 90 TI, Type NVT 90, Type 19, Type 42
- Sorvall RC3C Low-Speed Centrifuge for 6x1 liter buckets (up to 5,000)