Dr. Flemington received his B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering from Michigan Technological University. He carried out his doctoral studies in Dr. Prescott Deininger's laboratory and received a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the Louisiana State University in New Orleans in 1987. His post-doctoral work was carried out in Dr. Sam Speck's laboratory at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston where he investigated the transcriptional mechanisms involved in the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) reactivation switch. In 1991, Dr. Flemington was appointed as an Instructor of Pathology at Harvard University and in 1995, he was appointed as Assistant Professor in the department of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. In 2000, he joined the Tulane Cancer Center as an Associate Professor in the department of Pathology.
- Lin, Z, Puetter A, Coco J, Xu G, Strong, MJ, Wang, X, Fewell, C, Baddoo, M, Taylor CM, Flemington, EK. Detection of Murine Leukemia Virus in the Epstein-Barr Virus-Positive Human B-Cell Line JY, Using a Computational RNA-Seq-Based Exogenous Agent Detection Pipeline, PARSES. J Virol. 2012 Mar;86(6):2970-7. PMID:22238296.
- Concha, M, Wang, X, Cao, S, Baddoo, M, Fewell, C, Lin, Z, Hulme, W, Hedges, D, McBride, J, Flemington, EK. Identification of new viral genes and transcript isoforms during Epstein-Barr virus reactivation using RNA-seq. J Virol. 2012 86:1458 (PMID: 22090128).
- Lin, Z, and Flemington, EK. miRNAs in the pathogenesis of oncogenic human viruses. Cancer Letters, 2011; 305: 186-199 (PMID: 20943311)
- Deng, N, Puetter, A, Zhang, K, Johnson, K Zhao, Z Taylor, CM, *Flemington, EK, *Zhu, D. Isoform-level microRNA-155 target prediction using RNA-seq. Nucl. Acids Res. 2011; 39:e61 (PMID: 21317189) (*corresponding authors)
- Xu, G, Deng, N, Zhao, Z, Zhang, K, Judeh, T, Flemington, EK, Zhu, D. SAMMate: a GUI tool for processing short read alignments in SAM/BAM format. Source Code for Biology and Medicine. 2011; 6:2 (PMID: 21232146)
- Lin, Z, Wang, X, Fewell, C, Cameron, J, Yin, Q, Flemington, EK. Differential expression of the miR-200 family microRNAs in epithelial and B-cells and regulation of Epstein-Barr virus reactivation by the miR-200 family member, miR-429. J. Virol. 2010; 84:7892-7897 (PMID: 20484493).
- Lin Z, Xu G, Deng N, Taylor C, Zhu D, Flemington EK. Quantitative and qualitative RNA-Seq-based evaluation of Epstein-Barr virus transcription in type 1 latency Burkitt's lymphoma cells. J. Virol. 2010 Dec;84 (24);13053-8
- Lin Z, Flemington EK. miRNAs in the pathogenesis of oncogenic human viruses. Cancer Lett. 2010 Oct 11
- Xu G, Fewell C, Taylor C, Deng N, Hedges D, Wang X, Zhang K, Lacey M, Zhang H, Yin Q, Cameron J, Lin Z, Zhu D, Flemington EK. Transciptome and targetome analysis in MIR155 expressing cells using RNA-seq. RNA 2010 Aug; 16(8):1610-22.
- Lin Z, Wang X, Fewell C, Cameron J, Yin Q, Flemington EK. Differential expression of the miR-200 family microRNAs in epithelial and B cells and regulation of Epstein-Barr virus reactivation by the miR-200 family member miR-429. J. Virol. 2010 Aug;84(15):7892-7.
- Yin Q, Wang X, Fewell C, Cameron J, Zhu H, Baddoo M, Lin Z, Flemington EK. MicroRNA miR-155 inhibits bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signaling and BMP-mediated Epstein-Barr virus reactivation. J. Virol. 2010 Jul;84(13):6318-27
- Cameron JE, Fewell C, YinQ, McBride J, Wang X, LinA, Flemington EK. Epstein-Barr virus growth/latency lll program alters cellular microRNA expression. Virology. 2008 Dec 20;382(2):257-66.
- Yin Q, McBride J, Fewell C, Lacey M, Qang X, Lin Z, Cameron J, Flemington EK. MicroRNA-155 is an Epstein-Barr virus-induced gene that modulates Epstein-Barr virus-regulated gene expression pathways. J. Virol. 2008 Jun;82(11):5295-306.
- Cameron JE, Yin Q, Fewell C, Lacey M, McBride J, Wang X, Lin Z, Schaefer BC, Flemington EK. Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein 1 induces cellular MicroRNA miR-146a, a modulator of lymphocyte signaling pathways. J. Virol. 2008 Feb;82(4):1946-58.