Hugh Long (15)
Martin Dimitrov (SLA) (15)
Kathleen Branley (Arch) (15)
Paul Spindt (ABF) (15)
Charles Figley (SSW) (14)
Elizabeth Townsend Gard (Law) (16)
Mike Blum (SSE) (15)
Oliver Sartor (SOM) (16)
T.J. Stranova (SPHTM) (15)
Robert Hill (Newcomb-Tulane) (15)
Paul Greenberg (SCS) (16)
Claudia Campbell (SPHTM) by committee
Mary Olson (SLA) by committee
Jennifer Huber (15)
Sheri Bouyelas (13)
USG: Michael Eisenstatt
USG: Ryan Poche
GAPSA: Michael Lamb
Sr. VP for Ops. & CFO: Anthony P. Lorino
Exec. VP for External Relations & Development: Yvette M. Jones
Sr. VP for Academic Affairs and Provost: Michael Bernstein
Sr. VP for Health Sciences and Dean, Medical School: Benjamin P. Sachs
Dean of Enrollment Management: Earl Retif
Associate Provost: Ana Lopez
Budget Director: Eugene L. Meyers
1) To review the conformity of the annual University budget with short-range and long-range priorities of the University and expressions of policy by the Senate.
2) The Chair of the Committee shall sit with the appropriate committees of the administration as they formulate budget-policy guidelines for the coming year and when categories of the budget are discussed and adopted.
3) The Committee on Budget Review shall bring to the attention of the Senate any instances of purported inconsistencies of the budget with priorities or policies as well as any other allocations which in the committee's opinion are not in the best interests of the University.
4) Each academic year, the Committee shall review, prior to their adoption, the budget assumptions proposed by the Administration upon which a budget for the following academic year shall be built.
5) Each academic year, the Committee shall review, prior to its adoption, the budget proposed by the Administration for the following academic year.
6) The Committee may respond to requests from the President, or offer advice directly to the President. Concurrently, the Committee shall report such advice to the Senate.
7) To review regularly with the Executive VP for University Relations and Development matters pertaining to the development activities of the University and to make recommendations to the Senate in the area of development.
The Budget Review Committee shall be composed of 17 voting members: twelve faculty members, three students, and two staff members, one from the Uptown campus, and the other from Downtown or elsewhere.
1) The Committee on Committees, with the President's advice, shall select one faculty member from each of the following schools: Architecture, Business, Continuing Studies, Law, Liberal Arts, Medicine, Newcomb-Tulane College, Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Science and Engineering, and Social Work.
2) The ten faculty members, the two staff members, and the three student members shall select two additional faculty members, at least one of whom shall have a background in economics or business.
3) In addition, (i) the Sr. VP for Operations and CFO, the Budget Officer, the Sr. VP for Academic Affairs and Provost, the Sr. VP and Dean of the School of Medicine, the Executive VP for University Relations and Development, and the VP for Enrollment Management or their designees shall serve as resource personnel for the committee and shall meet with the committee regularly, and (ii) the President, in consultation with the committee chair, may designate additional representatives of the University's central administration to meet with the committee regularly.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118 504-865-5000 email@example.com