Latha Rajan, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Tropical Medicine
Department of Tropical Medicine
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2210
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 988-7970
Fax: (504) 988-7313
HIV epidemiology; social aspects of disease; tuberculosis; international collaborations; medical education
- MD, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 1988
- MBBS, University of Kerala, 1982 DipRCPath, Royal College of Pathologists, 1997
- MPH&TM, Tulane School of Public Health, 2000
- Certificate, ASTMH Certificate of Knowledge in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Traveler's Health, 1999
- 1980, Best Student award in Surgery at Trivandrum Medical College, India
- 1989, International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, UNIDO/Government of India's Department of Biotechnology scholarship for a training course on 'Molecular Virology'.
- 1992, CDC/Fogarty Scholarship for training at the International Course on the Surveillance and Applied Epidemiology of HIV and AIDS, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta.
- 1998, UNDP/Ministry of Science award to represent Malaysia at the UNDP workshop "Emerging Trends in the Diagnosis of Infectious Dieases", Lucknow, India.
- 1999, Member of the Scientific Committee for the "Fifth International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific (ICAAP 99) at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Woodard P, Scollard D, Rajan L. Hansen disease among Micronesian and Marshallese persons living in the United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011 Jul;17(7):1202-8.
Kanter J, Koh C, Razali K, Tai R, Izenberg J, Rajan L, Van Griensven F, Kamarulzaman A. Risk behaviour and HIV prevalence among men who have sex with men in a multi ethnic society: a venue-based study in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Int J STD AIDS. 2011 Jan;22(1):30-7.
Vaginal Lactobacilli in Adolescents: Presence and Relationship to Local and Systemic Immunity, and to Bacterial Vaginosis. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 31(7):393-400, July 2004.
“Assessment of a nested PCR for the detection of Chlamydia trachomatis in urine samples”, Asian Pacific journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, 1998, 6(1):55.
“Usefulness of immunoperoxidase test for the serodiagnosis of genital chlamydial infections”, Indian Journal of Medical Research (A), March 1993, 97.
“Recommendations of Expert Committee Meeting on Prophylaxis and Therapeutic treatment of STD and AIDS” – a Govt. of India publication, 1992.
“Screening of antenatal mothers in Delhi, India for HIV seropositivity”, Virus Information Exchange Newsletter, Sept 1991, 8, 3.
“Screening and confirmation of Syphilis by serology – a five year experience”, Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, 1991, 12, 47.
Level of Instruction:
[View all Tropical Medicine faculty]