Attractive Lethal Ovitraps (ALOTs) are the current major project and focus of the laboratory. These novel ovitraps are field-tested in New Orleans before being deployed at a test site in Peru. This is a collaborative effort with North Carolina State University, University of California-Davis, and the U.S. Navy and is funded by the Gates Foundation.
Other current projects include:
- New Orleans mosquito population parity studies
- Polyandry in Aedes aegypti
- Mosquito blood meal analysis
- Mosquito insecticide resistance studies
- Triatoma sanguisuga surveillance and ecology
- Trypanosoma cruzi testing and culturing
For questions regarding on-going research please e-mail Dr. Wesson.