APPLY TO TULANE THROUGH SOPHAS
- Indicate that you are applying to Tulane Univ.
- Mention the Freeport‐DRC Scholarship in the “Personal Statement” section.
- Candidates should apply as early as possible to allow adequate time for processing.
- COMPLETED applications should be received by SOPHAS no later than March 1, 2014.
The sponsor's intention is to educate a public health professional who will work to improve public health conditions in the Katanga Province of the DRC, preferably in the area near Freeport-McMoRan/Tenke Fungurume Mining.
- Tuition and fees for a 45-credit hour master's degree program
- A stipend for living expenses in the U.S., books/supplies/equipment, and professional development
- Transportation expenses for round-trip travel to New Orleans, LA
- Research/program/project expenses for a practicum in the Katanga Province
- The above listed expenses will be paid over a 2-year period as needed for the student only. Family expenses are not included.
- Proof of citizenship of the DRC
- Equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree (minimum)
- Submission of a COMPLETED application through the centralized Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) - www.sophas.org
- Completion of the U.S. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - http://ets.org/gre.
- Evaluation of credentials through one of the agencies listed below:
- Completion of an English language proficiency test through one of the organizations below:
Refer to the video above for more details about applying to Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL:
- Obtain a U.S. visa according to the requirements of the DRC and the U.S. State Department. Assistance can be provided through the Tulane Office of International Students and Scholars - http://global.tulane.edu/oiss.
- Agree to return to the DRC after the degree is earned to impact the Katanga Province for a minimum of five years.
- Prepare an annual progress report for the sponsor.
QUESTIONS can be directed to the school's admissions office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to our program descriptions and department websites to learn more about your degree options. If you need specific program information, please contact the department for more information.