Master's International Program Requirements
Masters International is a unique program with requirements different from a traditional MPH program at Tulane. These requirements are the same across all departments that offer the MPH/MSPH.
- Completion of academic coursework required for degree (45 credits)
- Monthly Seminars throughout the school year
- Participation in community service events
- Successful completion of a 27-month Peace Corps service
- Completion of all Quarterly Reports and Practicum forms throughout service
Master's International students must complete course work portion of their degree. This includes the core courses and all required coursework for a master's degree in one of the school's departments (Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences, Global Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Global Health Systems and Development or Tropical Medicine). You can find more information about each degree on departmental homepages.
All 45 credit hours must be completed according to departmental course requirements prior to departure for Peace Corps service.
- Students choose a public health project or activity they implement during their Peace Corps service
- Students must complete a minimum of 200 to 300 hours working on this project
- Throughout their project students will submit updates to their academic advisor and Peace Corps Programs office
- A final report is submitted to the academic advisor and Peace Corps Programs office at the end of the practicum experience
Masters International students are given three options for meeting the culminating experience requirement:
- Can be taken at any time after completion of course work, either before or after Peace Corps experience
- Exam schedule is coordinated with academic advisor
- A thesis describing the students research or practicum project
- Coordinated with academic advisor and coordinators of Peace Corps Programs
Public Health Analysis
Written document that is a review of the body of knowledge in the students selected field of public health
This analysis must incorporate all core areas of Public Health
Final report is presented to advisor one month prior to students graduation