Xu Xiong, MD DrPH
Department of Epidemiology
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
1440 Canal Street, Suite 2000
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 988-1379
Fax: (504) 988-1568
Etiology and prevention of adverse pregnancy outcomes
- Post-doctoral, University of Alberta, Canada
- DrPH, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
- MD, Shanghai Medical University
- 1997 Post-doctoral fellowship award, Medical Research Council of Canada, Canada
- 1998-present Member, International Epidemiological Association
- 1998-present Member, Society for Epidemiological Research
- 1998-present Member, Society for Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiological Research
- 1999 NIH Young Investigator Travel Award. Society of Perinatal Research
- 2000 Best Post-Doctoral Presentation Award, Western Society of Perinatal Research, Canada
- 2002 Clinical and Epidemiological Junior Scholar, Quebec Health Research Foundation, Canada
- 2004 Tulane University Health Sciences Center Auxiliary Career Development Award
- 2004 Member, Society for Clinical Trials
- 2005-present Member, Delta Omega: Honorary Society in Public Health/Eta Chapter
- 2005-present Member, American Public Health Association
- 2007 Tulane University Research Enhancement Phase II Award
Xiong X, Pridjian G, Dickey RP. Racial and ethnic disparities in preterm births in infants conceived by in vitro fertilization in the united states. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Apr 10.
Xiong X, Elkind-Hirsch KE, Xie Y, Delarosa R, Maney P, Pridjian G, Buekens P. Periodontal disease as a potential risk factor for the development of diabetes in women with a prior history of gestational diabetes mellitus. J Public Health Dent. 2012 Dec 10. doi: 10.1111/jphd.12004.
The Association Between Short Interpregnancy Interval and Preterm Birth in Louisiana: A Comparison of Methods. Howard EJ, Harville E, Kissinger P, Xiong X. Matern Child Health J. 2012 Jul 12.
Xiong X, Buekens P, Goldenberg RL, Offenbacher S, Qian X. Optimal timing of periodontal disease treatment for prevention of adverse pregnancy outcomes: before or during pregnancy? Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011 Aug;205(2):111.e1-6. Epub 2011 Mar 16. Review.
Harville EW, Xiong X, Smith BW, Pridjian G, Elkind-Hirsch K, Buekens P. Combined effects of hurricane Katrina and hurricane Gustav on the mental health of mothers of small children. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 2011 May;18(4):288-96.
Xiong X, Harville EW, Mattison DR, Elkind-Hirsch K, Pridjian G, Buekens P. Experience of hurricane Katrina and risk of post-traumatic stress disorder and depression in pregnant women. American Journal of Disaster Medicine 2010;5:181-187. (DOI:10.5055/ajdm.2010.0020)
Harville EW, Tran T, Xiong X, Buekens P. Population changes, racial/ethnic disparities, and birth outcomes in Louisiana after hurricane Katrina. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness 2010;4:1-7.
Xu H. Perez-Cuevas R, Xiong X, et al. An international trial of antioxidants in the prevention of preeclampsia (INTAPP). American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2010;202:239.e1-10.
Ehrlich M, Harville E, Xiong X, Buekens P, et al. Loss of resources and hurricane experience as predictors of post-partum depression among women in southern Louisiana. Journal of Women's Health 2010;19:877-884.
Harville E, Taylor CA, Tesfai H, Xiong X, Buekens P. Experience of hurricane Katrina and reported intimate partner violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 2011 Mar; 26(4): 833-45. [Epub 2010 May 21]
Harville E, Xiong X, Buekens P, et al. Resilience after hurricane Katrina among pregnant and postpartum women. Women's Health Issues 2010;0:20-27.
Pouliot SH,* Xiong X, Harville E, Paz-Soldan V, Tomashek KM, Breart G, Buekens P. Maternal dengue and pregnancy outcomes: A systematic review. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 2010;65:107-118. * Student
Tees MT, Harville EW, Xiong X, Buekens P, Pridjian G, Elkind-Hirsch K. Hurricane Katrina-related maternal stress, maternal mental health, and early infant temperament. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2010;14:511-518.
Level of Instruction:
[ View all Epidemiology Faculty ]